Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 39,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROMs][ALL-IN-ONE] SPICE-MI 350n Super Thread !(18 Apr)

Tip us?

kiran2001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
what are the new features added in modded recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamu96m View Post
Spice Mi-350n Super thread !

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your device by these instructions (though it may not happen!).

Hi everyone,
this thread will have everything for your Spice-Mi 350n.

Put you general discussions here (or) at Spice Mi-350n thread !

I . ROOTING :

First of all root your phone. Didn't root your phone yet ? Don't worry. Follow this guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1472026

II . BACK-UP STOCK ROM/ ROM DUMP :

1) ROOT is necessary. It is recommended to put the phone in 'Airplane mode' so that it won't disturb the process and make sure you have ~500 mb space in SD card.

2) Download 'BackUpTools.rar' from HERE or from attachments and extract it to your SD Card. You'll have 2 folders - 'gscript' and 'Install'.

3) Install 'GScriptLite.apk' from gscript folder.

3) After installation, open the 'GScriptLite' application -> Menu -> Add Script.

4) Tick 'Needs SU ?'

5) Click 'Load File' and select 'Back23.sh' and then select 'save'

6) Now Click on 'Back 23' and Super User will ask for Permission and allow it. Nothing more to touch. Wait for few minutes. After few mins, it will say 'Auto Close is Cancelled'. Now its safe to close.

7) Your Back-Up will be in 'backup_' folder located in your SD card's root.
It will have files named ' firmware.info, preloader.img, nvram.img, seccnfg.img, uboot.img, boot.img, recovery.img, secstatic. img, misc.img, logo.img, expdb.img, cache.img, system.img, data.img' in that folder. Copy it to your computer and keep it at a safe place. More Over if you are posting in the forums or sharing it online, don't include ' data.img, cache.img and nvram.img' as they contain your personal information.

III . RECOVERY :

Default android recovery lacks few important features such as 'Back-up/Restore', 'Partition SD' etc.

Here is a working recovery that can be replaced with your default recovery.

-- MODDED RECOVERY (4pda.ru):

[Working Successfully!]
It is a very useful recovery with many features. Don't neglect it !
Downloads: Click HERE or download from attachments.
Installation Instructions:
Extract the downloaded 'Modded Recovery.zip' to you SD card. It will have a *.img file.
Download and install MobileUncle Tools. Get it From HERE or from the attachments !
Install and open MobileUncle Tools -> Get Started -> Flash Recovery from SD -> Select the extracted *.img file. Allow it when it asks for SuperUser permission. It should take less than few minutes. Enjoy the new features !

IMPORTANT TIP: After installing modded recovery, do a full a nandroid backup.
Intructions: Go to Recovery mode[HOME button + Volume Up + Power Button] -> Backup/restore.

-- [IMP: NOT WORKING]ClockWorkMod [CWM] Recovery(China-Iphone.ru):
It is claimed that it works with every MTK6573, 650mhz, Android 2.3 (B63M) device.It is not working with our device. No problem. Modded recovery will do everything for you !
Download (AT YOUR OWN RISK): Click HERE or download from attachments.
Same installation instructions. Even if you try this and it doesn't work, don't get afraid. Boot normally and flash MODDED RECOVERY through MobileUncle Tools ! Enjoy !
Well, if you think you can make it work, try and edit it !

CREDITS:
Sincere credits to linerty, Highwaystar, genn-ua, billamin,and others, 4pda.ru, china-iphone.ru, moyfly.ru, more importantly GOOGLE TRANSLATE !! ! And cheers to all Spice Mi-350n users !

Few more to come !! Keep checking or subscribe this thread !!
Hit THANKS if i helped you :-p

yasirmujtaba
Old
Thanks Meter 264
What Kinda Changes You Have Made In It I Already Have A Modded Build.prop
Guides:-
Rooting Guide For Gionee Elife E7
My Devices-Nokia 3315>SE W200i>W350i>Moto Rokr E6>Spice Mi-350n>Xolo A700>Q800>Elife E7

balamu96m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran2001 View Post
what are the new features added in modded recovery?
The modded recovery has features like:
-- Backup/restore
--Partition SD -ext2,ext3 & ext4 formats
--Flash even unsigned updates-you can toggle between them
--Toggle USB storage

and few more options given, which i don't remember.........try it....it won't harm your phone, instead will upgrade its features !

balamu96m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by billamin View Post
hi, here is the modified build.prop. check it out
hey billamin, can you tell us what new features have been added or features modded so that we can add it in the Index (of course with credit!) ??

billamin
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
hey billamin, can you tell us what new features have been added or features modded so that we can add it in the Index (of course with credit!) ??
net tweaks , vm heap and many other tweaks that i found on xda and other forums.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
The modded recovery has features like:
-- Backup/restore
--Partition SD -ext2,ext3 & ext4 formats
--Flash even unsigned updates-you can toggle between them
--Toggle USB storage

and few more options given, which i don't remember.........try it....it won't harm your phone, instead will upgrade its features !
have you partitioned your sd card??? is swap working?

balamu96m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 933
Quote:
have you partitioned your sd card??? is swap working?
i had partitioned ext3 to try a2sd, but i didn't try swapping (how to use swap ?)......but i need to flash a custom ROM in order to make my installed a2sd work because a2sd works only with modified init.rc.......

billamin
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
i had partitioned ext3 to try a2sd, but i didn't try swapping (how to use swap ?)......but i need to flash a custom ROM in order to make my installed a2sd work because a2sd works only with modified init.rc.......
is a2sd working? i m fed up of this low memory problem.

balamu96m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 933
Thumbs down no.....

Quote:
is a2sd working? i m fed up of this low memory problem.
nope....it'll work only after flashing a custom rom with a modified init.rc to support a2sd..........

yasirmujtaba
Old
Thanks Meter 264
its very hard to say that a rom will develop for our phones
Guides:-
Rooting Guide For Gionee Elife E7
My Devices-Nokia 3315>SE W200i>W350i>Moto Rokr E6>Spice Mi-350n>Xolo A700>Q800>Elife E7

pompyz
Old
(Last edited by pompyz; 9th March 2012 at 04:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Spice Mi-350n Super thread !

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your device by these instructions (though it may not happen!).

Hi everyone,
this thread will have everything for your Spice-Mi 350n.

Put you general discussions here (or) at Spice Mi-350n thread !

I . ROOTING :

First of all root your phone. Didn't root your phone yet ? Don't worry. Follow this guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1472026

II . BACK-UP STOCK ROM/ ROM DUMP :

1) ROOT is necessary. It is recommended to put the phone in 'Airplane mode' so that it won't disturb the process and make sure you have ~500 mb space in SD card.

2) Download 'BackUpTools.rar' from HERE or from attachments and extract it to your SD Card. You'll have 2 folders - 'gscript' and 'Install'.

3) Install 'GScriptLite.apk' from gscript folder.

3) After installation, open the 'GScriptLite' application -> Menu -> Add Script.

4) Tick 'Needs SU ?'

5) Click 'Load File' and select 'Back23.sh' and then select 'save'

6) Now Click on 'Back 23' and Super User will ask for Permission and allow it. Nothing more to touch. Wait for few minutes. After few mins, it will say 'Auto Close is Cancelled'. Now its safe to close.

7) Your Back-Up will be in 'backup_' folder located in your SD card's root.
It will have files named ' firmware.info, preloader.img, nvram.img, seccnfg.img, uboot.img, boot.img, recovery.img, secstatic. img, misc.img, logo.img, expdb.img, cache.img, system.img, data.img' in that folder. Copy it to your computer and keep it at a safe place. More Over if you are posting in the forums or sharing it online, don't include ' data.img, cache.img and nvram.img' as they contain your personal information.

III . RECOVERY :

Default android recovery lacks few important features such as 'Back-up/Restore', 'Partition SD' etc.

Here is a working recovery that can be replaced with your default recovery.

-- MODDED RECOVERY (4pda.ru):

[Working Successfully!]
It is a very useful recovery with many features. Don't neglect it !
Downloads: Click HERE or download from attachments.
Installation Instructions:
Extract the downloaded 'Modded Recovery.zip' to you SD card. It will have a *.img file.
Download and install MobileUncle Tools. Get it From HERE or from the attachments !
Install and open MobileUncle Tools -> Get Started -> Flash Recovery from SD -> Select the extracted *.img file. Allow it when it asks for SuperUser permission. It should take less than few minutes. Enjoy the new features !

IMPORTANT TIP: After installing modded recovery, do a full a nandroid backup.
Intructions: Go to Recovery mode[HOME button + Volume Up + Power Button] -> Backup/restore.

-- [IMP: NOT WORKING]ClockWorkMod [CWM] Recovery(China-Iphone.ru):
It is claimed that it works with every MTK6573, 650mhz, Android 2.3 (B63M) device.It is not working with our device. No problem. Modded recovery will do everything for you !
Download (AT YOUR OWN RISK): Click HERE or download from attachments.
Same installation instructions. Even if you try this and it doesn't work, don't get afraid. Boot normally and flash MODDED RECOVERY through MobileUncle Tools ! Enjoy !
Well, if you think you can make it work, try and edit it !

CREDITS:
Sincere credits to linerty, Highwaystar, genn-ua, billamin,and others, 4pda.ru, china-iphone.ru, moyfly.ru, more importantly GOOGLE TRANSLATE !! ! And cheers to all Spice Mi-350n users !

Few more to come !! Keep checking or subscribe this thread !!
Hit THANKS if i helped you :-p

================================================== ================================================== =============

Can you or anybody please post the STOCK ROM of Spice MI-350n and the Flashing procedure??

My phone's current version info is as below:-

Spice Mi-350
Android 2.3.3
Baseband Version: MP.V1.F9.P3, 2011/08/23 10:54
SOFT BUILD NO: SPICE_MI-350_IND_VER1.5 BUILD INFO 110901_1144

Also plz suggest whether ROM of MI-350n can be flashed in MI-350 ? Any experience sharing on the same will be highly appreciated.

Tags
all-in-one, guide, recovery, root, spice mi-350n