5,598,233 Members 46,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery on Skyrocket?

Tip us?
 
creedicd
Old
(Last edited by creedicd; 5th April 2012 at 03:59 PM.) Reason: LOL It appears I'm not qualified to spell either
#61  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 133
Join Date: Nov 2011
Rather than debate the technicalities of battery phyics (which I am not qualified to do). Here is a video of a L-ion battery being damaged. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsBc8RqSKU
 
xcrazydx
Old
#62  
xcrazydx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2192
Posts: 6,300
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Picked up 2 of these at verizon store. Had a bit of difficulty at first. They went to ring me up and asked for my phone number and said you don't have verizon, I don't think we can sell them to you at sales price. I said yes you can, he asked his big boss man and he said sure! Grabbed them just in time, they only had 3 left
 
tomtommy306
Old
#63  
tomtommy306's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 360
Posts: 1,052
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Round Rock TEXAS
DO NOT GRIND THE BATTERY!
You risk the possibility of serious injury in doing so.
Lithium is very flammable and can explode if leaked while sealed in the device.

AOKP WALLS -----> HERE
CM WALLS ------> HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomtommy306 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wirelessFREAK
Old
(Last edited by wirelessFREAK; 9th April 2012 at 10:56 AM.)
#64  
wirelessFREAK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 162
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtommy306 View Post
DO NOT GRIND THE BATTERY!
You risk the possibility of serious injury in doing so.
Lithium is very flammable and can explode if leaked while sealed in the device.
I couldn't agree more. No one wants to lose much more than they could ever gain from the battery.
Please disregard any other comments I've made. This includes any useful ones. I tend to make judgements on stuff without fully understanding the details (or trying them) . Battery life is not important.
If you want to develop or modify anything, do so in a proper lab and work under safer conditions

That or just buy an iPhone, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, or 4s, or wait for the next one. They are MUCH BETTER, and they have hidden batteries. *sarcasm may be in some or all of this reply*

/mourns the Android spirit as he walks into the clean, clear and safe apple store/
sent from my 727
 
KryptosXLayer2
Old
#65  
KryptosXLayer2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 289
Posts: 1,272
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessFREAK View Post
/mourns the Android spirit as he walks into the clean, clear and safe apple store/
ohhh, don't be like that.... the advice is GOOD advice, and I agree with the fact that people who aren't comfortable around tools and working on stuff like this really shouldn't be grinding away at battery casings - remember, I just shaved it down with a razor blade, I didn't take an oscillating, vibrating Dremel to the battery which could cause the battery to rupture as displayed in those videos....

I don't know, maybe a quick word of warning is the right thing to do here, no one wants to be responsible for someone coming on XDA and lighting their leg on fire from having a ruptured battery because of something anyone here advised them to do! I know I'm sure not advising anyone to do it! I mean, how many warnings do devs put on stuff here, telling them they are not responsible for a bricked device if they flash ROMs and what not, the same should be said for someone's health if they do this modification, IMHO
The Following User Says Thank You to KryptosXLayer2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lirong
Old
#66  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 212
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
Picked up 2 of these at verizon store. Had a bit of difficulty at first. They went to ring me up and asked for my phone number and said you don't have verizon, I don't think we can sell them to you at sales price. I said yes you can, he asked his big boss man and he said sure! Grabbed them just in time, they only had 3 left
I just told them I was picking it up for a friend and had no problem.
 
wirelessFREAK
Old
(Last edited by wirelessFREAK; 10th April 2012 at 01:28 AM.)
#67  
wirelessFREAK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 162
Join Date: Nov 2011
The thing is you can probably fit it without messing around with the battery.

sent from my clean, polished, and safe iPhone 5,6 or 7 (I haven't decided what to call it)
 
xcrazydx
Old
#68  
xcrazydx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2192
Posts: 6,300
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessFREAK View Post
The thing is you can probably fit it without messing around with the battery.

sent from my clean, polished, and safe iPhone 5,6 or 7 (I haven't decided what to call it)
Yeah mine fits, a little bulge, but it fits.
 
randomtask16
Old
#69  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 124
Join Date: Apr 2007
About to head to VZ at lunch to pick one up, but their website only shows standard 1850mah for $40? The price for extended is $25 though? Anything special I need to tell them/ask for?
 
xcrazydx
Old
#70  
xcrazydx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2192
Posts: 6,300
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomtask16 View Post
About to head to VZ at lunch to pick one up, but their website only shows standard 1850mah for $40? The price for extended is $25 though? Anything special I need to tell them/ask for?
The galaxy nexus extended battery. its 2100mah. It's on sale, regular price is $50

The Following User Says Thank You to xcrazydx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes