FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Headphones for Sony Xperia S

430 posts
Thanks Meter: 75
 
By Cholek3, Senior Member on 3rd March 2012, 07:15 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,

Some of you know, that new Sony Xperia (2012) line phones use CTIA 3.5mm standard (basically same as Apple's iPhone). I have seen some phone reviews and noticed, that standard headset is in one piece, you cannot disconnect headphones. I am looking for headset, where you can unplug headphones and connect better ones, and of course it has to work with new Xperia S.

Something like we had with Xperia X10:

Link removed ~~bitpushr

Difference between CTIA (Xperia S) and OMTP standard:

Last edited by bitpushr; 23rd May 2013 at 02:28 PM.
 
 
3rd March 2012, 07:58 PM |#2  
RiotRick's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
You could try something like this:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Griffin-GC170...item20c2f12f74
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiotRick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 09:37 PM |#3  
Cholek3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sheffield, UK
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Thanks for an advice. I checked it somewhere else and it has got rather avarage reviews, apparently cable and clip keep breaking. Do you have one, so you could confirm?
4th March 2012, 08:22 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholek3

Thanks for an advice. I checked it somewhere else and it has got rather avarage reviews, apparently cable and clip keep breaking. Do you have one, so you could confirm?

Well it's not exactly the same but I receive this one with the pre-order and will let you know the results if interested?

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...s-headset-pro/
4th March 2012, 01:46 PM |#5  
Cholek3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sheffield, UK
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awf

Well it's not exactly the same but I receive this one with the pre-order and will let you know the results if interested?

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...s-headset-pro/

Yeah, why not. Not only for me, you could post something for others as well. I have MW600, but I am not a big fan of listening music over bluetooth.
4th March 2012, 07:27 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholek3

Yeah, why not. Not only for me, you could post something for others as well. I have MW600, but I am not a big fan of listening music over bluetooth.

In the car it's convenient (not only music) and I always have a quarrel with the wire lol
I never can resist an offer when it's free lol
5th March 2012, 11:24 AM |#7  
shmoejoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zuid-Holland
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awf

In the car it's convenient (not only music) and I always have a quarrel with the wire lol
I never can resist an offer when it's free lol

I also have the MW600, and I preordered my Xperia S with that free bluetooth headset as well...

I'm curious if it's any better, if not I may just resell the freebie one :P I have had my MW600 for awhile, and I have yet to find better
5th March 2012, 12:43 PM |#8  
RiotRick's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
You realize the mw600 won't work right on the xperia s if you just plug it in?

Sony changed the headset standard, to be compatible with the more widely used ctia standard (same as iphone). The pins are connected differently:



You can offcourse buy an adapter cable so that it will work.
5th March 2012, 01:13 PM |#9  
shmoejoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zuid-Holland
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRick

You realize the mw600 won't work right on the xperia s if you just plug it in?

Sony changed the headset standard, to be compatible with the more widely used ctia standard (same as iphone). The pins are connected differently:



You can offcourse buy an adapter cable so that it will work.

you cant plug the MW600 into anything, its a stand alone bluetooth device that you can plug your headphones into. Unless you mean the headphones that might come with the Xperia, which I never use anyways.


http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/So...-Review_id2644

So I i really don't care about the jack and the other bluetooth device mentioned above works in the same manner.
Last edited by shmoejoe; 5th March 2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added image
The Following User Says Thank You to shmoejoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2012, 01:34 PM |#10  
RiotRick's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoejoe

you cant plug the MW600 into anything, its a stand alone bluetooth device that you can plug your headphones into.

Gotcha, thought it plugged in the phone, but is bt
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes