Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 41,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Focus v1.3 - 7.8 Official

Tip us?

xflier
Old
Thanks Meter 12
This is the best rom i dave used so far. Except mms, everything is working. Used for about 3 weeks already. Very cool.

A question to ask,is it just me that battery drain issue come back in this version ??

I did some tests that it drops about 2-3% per hour.
Lumia 920

Nook HD+ CM11.0 Nightly

Nook Color CM11.0 Nightly

My 4 Shared

voluptuary
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 743

DONATE TO ME
It shouldn't be since I haven't put 'Extra Settings' back in. It could be that maybe you have some more background apps now since you have been using it a little while now vs a fresh flash with no background apps running.
My contributions:
Clean ROM for Samsung Focus v1.3, Nokia Lumia 800, and HTC HD2
Samsung Interop Unlock & Internet Sharing All-In-One for Windows Phone
Samsung Custom Theme & Accent Colors for Windows Phone
List of Windows Phone Unlocks by Type/OEM

Allstars that donated: RonV42, dark.angel

CURRENT DEVICES: HTC HD2, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia N9, Apple iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 920

Get a FREE 2GB Dropbox account plus we'll get a bonus 500MB!

xflier
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks for your reply, i will try disable all background processes, and let's see.thanks again.
Lumia 920

Nook HD+ CM11.0 Nightly

Nook Color CM11.0 Nightly

My 4 Shared

Technosquid
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I had a strange experience using the Tango 2.00 ROM on my Focus 1.3. A day or two after flashing, the phone would start making the windows phone startup sound perpetually any time the phone was on. I never found out if there was a way to stop this, or why it was happening. I just did a hard reset a few times, set everything up again, and a day or two later, it would start happening again.

Anyway, I ended up going with your latest version of the Mango ROM instead, and so far the problem hasn't returned. I'm not expecting support for this issue, I just thought I'd share.

This may be a total outlier situation anyway, because I bought this phone used off ebay with a defect -- the cellular antenna seems to be broken. Was setting it up for a friend as WiFi-only PMP and XBOX Live game app player (to help feed his gamerscore addiction.)

I skimmed through all the posts from the last month and didn't find this issue mentioned, so I apologize if it has been covered before in earlier posts.

Technosquid
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosquid View Post
I had a strange experience using the Tango 2.00 ROM on my Focus 1.3. A day or two after flashing, the phone would start making the windows phone startup sound perpetually any time the phone was on. I never found out if there was a way to stop this, or why it was happening. I just did a hard reset a few times, set everything up again, and a day or two later, it would start happening again.

Anyway, I ended up going with your latest version of the Mango ROM instead, and so far the problem hasn't returned. I'm not expecting support for this issue, I just thought I'd share.

This may be a total outlier situation anyway, because I bought this phone used off ebay with a defect -- the cellular antenna seems to be broken. Was setting it up for a friend as WiFi-only PMP and XBOX Live game app player (to help feed his gamerscore addiction.)

I skimmed through all the posts from the last month and didn't find this issue mentioned, so I apologize if it has been covered before in earlier posts.
Nevermind. The the phone started doing it with the Mango ROM installed, too. Must be a problem with the phone.

voluptuary
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 743

DONATE TO ME
I would suggest trying a stock ROM and see if the problem pops up. If it does you can be sure it's a hardware issue.
My contributions:
Clean ROM for Samsung Focus v1.3, Nokia Lumia 800, and HTC HD2
Samsung Interop Unlock & Internet Sharing All-In-One for Windows Phone
Samsung Custom Theme & Accent Colors for Windows Phone
List of Windows Phone Unlocks by Type/OEM

Allstars that donated: RonV42, dark.angel

CURRENT DEVICES: HTC HD2, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia N9, Apple iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 920

Get a FREE 2GB Dropbox account plus we'll get a bonus 500MB!

jlink38
Old
Thanks Meter 314
So I ended up with another 1.3 Focus and I'm loving this ROM! I'm on 1.30 as I'd rather be sure everything is working, and I do send MMS from time to time. All in all this forum makes me not want to upgrade my Focus to anything else!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Current devices:
- Nexus 5 16GB
- Nexus 7 16GB

Past Devices:
- Way too many to list; I am a tech junkie. My wife hates it.

SuperSport
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 432

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosquid View Post
Was setting it up for a friend as WiFi-only PMP and XBOX Live game app player (to help feed his gamerscore addiction.)
I've recently moved to a Lumia 900, so I set up my Focus as a Gaming Only machine also. It's quite impressive how nice it is for that. I've got this Tango ROM installed, and using only WiFi, the battery lasts easily a day with my Grandson playing on it. Also, the screen is so incredibly clear and bright, it's a GREAT game platform.
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX

red12355
Old
(Last edited by red12355; 2nd May 2012 at 08:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Is it me or does live tile for music & video not work in the 1.3 release?

edit: nevermind, it was because I just flashed and didn't play any songs yet.

Vintage144
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Hey Voluptuary , nice work ! Whats sets this apart from the original Sammy Rainbow rom?
~Motorola Moto X XT 1058~ Current (stock until BL unlock?)
~Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 - 16GB ~ retired
~Samsung Galaxy Note LTE SGH-I717 - 16GB~ retired
~Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 (SM-T230NU)~ Current (rooted/TWRP)
~Acer Iconia A500~ retired
~Kindle Fire 1st Gen~ retired
~LG Optimus Pro G2~ Current

No stock here , nothing but custom! except my moto x

Tags
clean, focus, rom, samsung, v1.3