XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wifi problem

Tip us?

rachitpant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] wifi problem

Wifi problem in atrix 2 is very well known . I know cwm9 dev is in progress. So is there a way to install to replace the stock module/drive with cwm9 driver.

Or any goddamm way to resolve this wifi problem.
I am really frustated . This is my second replacement and I don't feel like sending it back.

tmease1
Old
Thanks Meter 363
I have had my a2 for about 2 months and no wifi problems here. It connects quickly and stays connected.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

PhoenixNghi
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Try changing your Wireless authentication and encryption to WPA2-PSK TKIP?
Motorola && Samsung

Razr v3i___._____(P2K)
Rokr E6e___(LinuxEZX)
Milestone____(Android)
Razr________(Android)
Atrix 2____.__(Android)
---
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3113

kirkgbr
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachitpant View Post
Wifi problem in atrix 2 is very well known . I know cwm9 dev is in progress. So is there a way to install to replace the stock module/drive with cwm9 driver.

Or any goddamm way to resolve this wifi problem.
I am really frustated . This is my second replacement and I don't feel like sending it back.
Not sure how "well known" this problem is. I have had my A2 since Nov 2011 and it has always connected to wifi without problem. Not disagreeing with you, just saying my experience with wifi is different.

thegusguywithatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy hey there

ok ive had an atrix 2 for like a month, and I tried to flash an ad hoc enabler zip but it didn't work, and now my wifi won't work, it turns on for 5 secs and then turns off doesn't even show the networks available. help me pleeeeaaseee

rachitpant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default wifi problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkgbr View Post
Not sure how "well known" this problem is. I have had my A2 since Nov 2011 and it has always connected to wifi without problem. Not disagreeing with you, just saying my experience with wifi is different.

just google for atrix 2 wifi problems ..
well i changed my wifi security to wpa2 .. and there has been some relief ..
the problem is still there .. but no frequent ..

-Sayex-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have solve the problem. What i did was just set the IP address for the Atrix 2 to static, instead of dynamic.
Hope this works for you guys.

KEB64
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sayex- View Post
I have solve the problem. What i did was just set the IP address for the Atrix 2 to static, instead of dynamic.
Hope this works for you guys.
This is what I did as well. Make sure and scroll down in the advanced wifi settings page to include the DNS and netmask numbers as well as gateway.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
HTC EVO 4G LTE cm11 nightlies
Free and Open Source Software for Android

41rw4lk
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Gingerbread didn't always play nice with dhcp, hence the reason a static ip helps resolve the problem. Another solution you can try is to check the lease time for issued ip addresses. Some devices running gingerbread had issues with infinite leases, so the solution was to simply change the setting on your router to renew leases. As long as the lease isn't set to "forever" any other value will work. Just wanted to put that out there for those who have trouble with intermittent wifi.

rachitpant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i have made extensive RnD on my phone .. from lease times to assigning static ip's .. nothing works .. most people won't notice disconnection when using static ips because it does'nt disconnect so frequently . you will notice when you make a 20 min video call...

I am thinking of installing supercharged rom .. what do you guys think .. can it solve the problem .. or since it is another gingerbread the problem will persist. ?