Droid RAZR on PagePlus edited to get 3g
I previously mentioned in the Bionic [Request] thread that the steps for making a RAZR work on PagePlus were the same as a Bionic, however, that statement is not entirely accurate.
There is no *#*#4636#*#* on a RAZR, and as such, there seems to be no way at the moment to get 3G data.
Picture messaging works if you install VZW messages from the market.
Here is what I did:
First and foremost, use the IMEI but drop the last digit. This is your MEID. Call Pageplus, or find a pageplus dealer who is nice enough to activate it for you, and give them this MEID. You will have to call pageplus cs after you are finished with the following programming to get the MEID put back on the phone. I don't know why this is, and I am not going to give you any kind of technical BS to make it look like I do.
1. Put phone into BP Tools mode by powering off, then pressing both up and down volume and power. Volume down to BP Tools and Volume up to choose it.
2. Install the latest Motorola Driver for your phone from: http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/
3. Connect the phone to the PC, and let the driver install complete.
Run HW Virtual Serial Port, and login with the password "admin" (it is already there by default, so just hit enter).<
no longer necessary
Set the IP as 192.168.16.2, with the port as 11008.
Choose com port 100.
7. Open CDMA-Workshop 3.7 or higher (There is no known copy floating around for free. Either find someone who has it installed already, or pay the $108 like I did... if you're like me, you'll find ways to recoup your money. I have made it back a few times over already.) Choose COM port and click CONNECT.
8. Click on Security, SPC and send 000000. Do this EVERYTIME you reconnect the phone. Everytime. Don't forget this.
9. Click on Main and go down to where it says CDMA and change it to CDMA-2.
10. Under R-UIM change config to NV Only.
11. Click on the "Other" tab. At PRL, choose write and write the pageplus prl (51720 only) to it. Google for this, it's out there. Write to phone.
12. REBOOT the phone.
13. Reconnect and resend SPC.
14. On the MAIN tab, switch CDMA-2 back to CDMA.
15. Write 310 to MCC, 00 to MNC, and your MIN. Leave True IMSI alone.
16. Write 283, 384 to P CH; and 691 and 777 S CH.
17. Write your mobile number to the DIR_Number and DIR_PCS fields. Write to phone.
18. Change CDMA to EDVO.
19. under PPP User and HDR User write your phone number email@example.com
, with vzw for the password.
20. under Teth. NAI write your number firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Click on m.ip profiles
22. NAI is the same as 19. T NAI is the same as 20. The shared Secret fields are both VZW.
23. If necessary, change the P. HA address to 255.255.255.255.
24. Click X, then write to phone.
25. Disconnect the phone and reboot it. You are done with CDMA workshop.
26. On your phone, under Settings > wireless and networks > mobile networks > network mode change to CDMA only.
27. Connect to wi-fi and download phone in Play Store (Android Market)
28. Open phone info and go to phone information. Scroll down to set preferred network type and change it to CDMA auto (prl) and toggle DNS Check to allowed.
29. ##Program on your dialer, use "000000" for SPC code, and go to 3> Extended NAM and change the SID to whatever your SID is.
30. Back once to 06 Test Mode, next twice, then make sure network mode is CDMA and EVDO
31. Back once and go to 14 LTE Test Settings. Change SIM Type to 3g, LTE bppanic to disable. Back twice to reboot. Remove SIM Card while rebooting.
32. Back to ##Program 14, disable class1 and class2 APNs and back out. Phone will reboot.
That's it. I have 3g working on 173. Haven't gotten it on 181 or on the ICS leak, though, but, I have a droid razr on my prepaid 29.99/month plan, and couldn't be happier.
Any questions? Please message me. I will respond ASAP.
Please remember to hit the Thanks button if this helps you!!