Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless tether rezound

Tip us?

cpham817
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have unlocked, rooted, flashed the CleanROM ICSE 3.6 from scrosler, and have also been able to overclock my Rezound with SebastianFM's kernel. Everything is working great. The only problem is that I can't get the Mobile Hotspot to work; both the built-in VZW app and the WiFi Tether app that was integrated into the ROM fail to emit a wifi signal for my laptop.

On the VZW Mobile Hotspot app, when I tick the checkbox to turn it on, it'll say "processing..." for about 20 seconds and then un-tick the check mark.

On the Wireless Tether app, I am able to turn it on but once started, a message pops up saying "Tethering started with errors! Please check show log."

I had this same problem a couple months ago when I temp rooted my phone, but a hard reset and un-root did the trick and MHS was working again. However, this is a perm root and flash, so I can't use the same resolution. A hard reset isn't working.

I have the $30 Mobile Hotspot feature added to my plan, so actually paying for it isn't the problem. I'd actually prefer the VZW app to work. Can anybody help me out?

EmerikL
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Don't use Sebastian's Kernel. Use the stock kernel that came with the ROM. that should fix you up.

Devices
S-Off HTC Rezound running ┬─┬ ノ( ^_^ノ)
Casio Commando
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Retired:
Vizio Tablet
Nexus S 4G - Rooted running CM9 RC1
Motorola Xprt - So long worst phone of all time.
Droid Incredible- Rooted of course
HTC Diamond Pro
HTC Hermes
The Following User Says Thank You to EmerikL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cpham817
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm gonna apologize in advance for the following newbie question, but how would I go about doing that? I have Scott's CleanROM 3.6, and I can't seem to find the stock kernel to flash through recovery anywhere, if it is even a separate file. Is it the PH98IMG.zip file?

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Never mind, I got it! I reflashed without running Sebastian's kernel and Wifi Tether works!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

EmerikL
Old
Thanks Meter 199
For future reference, yes the PH98IMG.zip is what is used to flash the kernel. Another method to do this is to extract the boot.img from the zip file and place it in the folder that has adb and fastboot in it (on your computer). Then you can flash it via a command line "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Devices
Casio Commando
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Retired:
Vizio Tablet
HTC Diamond Pro
HTC Hermes
The Following User Says Thank You to EmerikL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

derek4484
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by alope441 View Post
ON STOCK, UNLOCKED, ROOTED REZOUND... HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET any type of wireless tether to.work... I have tried barnacle, never starts up, and wireless and wifi tether and.both get same issue, unable to load wifi driver, interface, set channel.. read.online that one of these.should of worked but apparently not. Has it worked with any custom ROMs as thinking of going that route but need to confirm...
I'm on the same thing, stock ROM but unlocked and rooted. I use wifi tether and it works. You have to get the latest beta version. I think its version 3.0 beta 11. It only works in ad-hoc mode, doesnt do infrastructure, but laptops will pick it up fine. Just wont work with ipads or android tablets, or any device that will not connect to ad-hoc network.

There are several posts here that tell you what are the correct settings to use.
CleanROM 4.5 HTC Rezound w/S-OFF

bravac
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Using nilsp business ics 2.2, included WiFi teth works great, even in infrastructure mode. Just made 2 changes...select gal nex cdma and check on router fix. Mode was left on auto. Password works as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

cavsfan256
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Rooted stock will only work in adhoc mode with the above instructions. I'm using the latest ics cleanrom 3.7 with nexus LTE, routing fix checked I have infrastructure mode working which is faster and more desirable.
It shouldn't be a hit or miss follow instructions and flash a custom Rom for infrastructure.

Question. What kind of connection is this outputting I'm assuming wireless g. Is it possible to output wireless n?

B-Mod
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan256 View Post
Rooted stock will only work in adhoc mode with the above instructions. I'm using the latest ics cleanrom 3.7 with nexus LTE, routing fix checked I have infrastructure mode working which is faster and more desirable.
It shouldn't be a hit or miss follow instructions and flash a custom Rom for infrastructure.

Question. What kind of connection is this outputting I'm assuming wireless g. Is it possible to output wireless n?
I believe it is wireless N, that is what my laptop says it is......

EmerikL
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan256 View Post

I think with the newest beta, GB can also do infrastructure mode.

Devices
Casio Commando
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Retired:
Vizio Tablet
HTC Diamond Pro
HTC Hermes

B-Mod
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmerikL View Post
I think with the newest beta, GB can also do infrastructure mode.
I don't think so, I couldn't get my tablets to see connect to the phone with GB and the latest beta 11....