I have gone back and redone every bit of my CyanogenMod and Google apps installation on my Nook Color. I have taken notes on it and below is my step by step description of what I have done and observed. My apologies for the book, but I wanted to be as thorough as I could. Thanks for your help and I would appreciate and advice that can help me resolve this unfortunate situation.
1. Downloaded ClockworkModRecovery (2gb_clockwork-0.7.tar.gz) from http://code.google.com/p/monster-roo...ar.gz&can=2&q=
2. Downloaded CyanogenMod 7.1 (update-cm-7.1.0-encore-signed.zip) from here http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?typ...&device=encore
3. Downloaded Google Apps (gapps-gb-20110828-signed) from here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Lat...on/Google_Apps
4. Downloaded Win32DiskImager (win32diskimager-binary) from here https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download
5. Extracted Win32DiskImager files to a folder on desktop
6. Decompressed and Extracted ClockworkModRecovery to Desktop (this took longer than I expected, the extraction strangely taking 5 minutes)
7. Start up Win32 DiskImager and receive the following File Error message: An error occurred while accessing the device. This usually means something is currently accessing the device; please close all applications and try again. Error 1 Incorrect Function.
8. The File Error message displays itself 3 times. I click OK three times, and then the Win32 Application opens, and I continue with my process.
9. Use Win32 DiskImager to write ClockworkMod onto my MicroSD card. The MicroSD card is a 1 year old, 2GB Transcend MicroSD Card. I use an Kingmax MicroSD card adapter to plug the card into my Computer’s SD card slot.
10. Copy the CyanogenMod 7.1 file and the Gapps 20110828 file to the MicroSD card.
11. Eject the MicroSD card from the PC, insert it into my Nook, and power on.
12. Boot into ClockwordMod Recovery, I go to Mounts and Storage, click on Format System and confirm YES. Next, I format Data and Cache.
13. NOTE: Previously, I was receiving an "Error: can't format /data" error as my newer Nook Color had a different partitioning scheme. I used ‘reformatData-v1’ and ‘repartition1GBdata-v1’ to remedy this when I first attempted to install CyanogenMod. It seems to have gone off without a hitch.
14. I then go to ‘install zip from sdcard’ , the choose ‘choose zip from SD card’ and select the Cyanogenmod 7.1 zip. It opens and installs.
15. After the install completes, I remove the SD card and reboot the Nook.
16. Upon reeboot, I get a Cyanogen loading screen for a few seconds, followed by an error screen that says Install Failed with a large red and white exclamation mark over a Nook clip art.
17. The Nook powers off after a few seconds. I then power on again and sucesssfully boot into Cyanogenmod. I do not have the Marketplace app at this point.
18. I power off, replace the SD card, and boot into Clockworkmod.
19. I choose ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from SDcard’ and the gapps zip. I confirm YES and install the gapps zip.
20. I remove the SD card and reboot the system. I receive the exact same ‘Install Failed’ error screen with the red and white exclamation mark over a nook clip art.
21. After a few seconds the nook powers off after the error screen. I power on again and boot into CyanogenMod.
22. There is no Marketplace app on the homescreen or in the App Drawer, leaving me with the same initial problem
Thank you for everything!