XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile galaxy s2 CPU info.

Tip us?

Rod3
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaznavi View Post
I can gather from what you dears say: that one of the processors is off working.
The other argument that computer lingo starts with 0 and 1 is not valid in my case as the sequence shown by the app is: 1 and 0, nit the other way around.
It, therefore, raises another question which is: whether a Tmobile galaxy s2 can operate if one of the processors is removed completely? And, wether it is technically possible to remove one of the processors?
What would you say to that?
I would say you are an idiot.
Nexus 4 - TMO
ROM - Carbon
Kernel - Hellscore

Nexus 7 (Flo)
ROM - Purity
Kernel - Franco
The Following User Says Thank You to Rod3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghaznavi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for taking your time answering my question. I asked because I got a dialer installed through a mobile shop and after that my battery was almost busy: didn't run for more than 8 hours idling and some calls. I smelled foul play because here in the UAE almost every mobile technician is a thief. 2 years back somebody stole a ram chip from my notebook. And now when I checked my phone info.I grew doubtful. That's the reason I was curious.
Thanks again.
Ghaznavi
Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

bzlik88
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Thank you for taking your time answering my question. I asked because I got a dialer installed through a mobile shop and after that my battery was almost busy: didn't run for more than 8 hours idling and some calls. I smelled foul play because here in the UAE almost every mobile technician is a thief. 2 years back somebody stole a ram chip from my notebook. And now when I checked my phone info.I grew doubtful. That's the reason I was curious.
Thanks again.
Ghaznavi
Wait....a what?? A dialer?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

G1ForFun
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzlik88 View Post
Wait....a what?? A dialer?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
My thoughts exactly

Phone: Nexus 5 16GB Black
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock
Radio: Stock

ghaznavi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, it's a voip app,.named 'vox' dialer.

PrinceFX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Thanks again.
Ghaznavi
Relax, unless you bought a chinese clone of T-MO SG2, then its probably an issue with the app. If you're phone's battery life decreases after installing an app, then its an issue with the app, NOT the hardware! Uninstall the app.

Also, it takes a LOT to tinker with the hardware and then make it work and I KNOW that no technician in the UAE is capeable of something like that. I know that because I lived in the UAE for 17 years

ghaznavi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks and highest regards for your learned opinion.
I am grateful.
Ghaznavi

RealPariah
Old
(Last edited by RealPariah; 16th March 2012 at 12:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 295

DONATE TO ME
Yeah sounds like it is staying constantly connected via your data connection. Check it's connection settings or you could use something like Juice Defender and set the per app policy and/or also manage when and why your phone uses your data connection.

Voip use your data connection to make calls and not your cellular connection so it uses battery now as cellular service never quits you are still using the data connection to host the bandwidth of those calls when in call and a lesser connection when idle to poll for incoming calls as well (juice defender offers tablet mode to kill cellular connection and slow only wifi if you have no need to make calls via normal doodler or you don't mind toggling it to save battery). Also, depends on the developer and how they code their app as to exactly how all that is controlled, so different apps may cause different amounts of data usage to accomplish the same thing. You may find another app you like that allows you to manually enter another compatible services account.

Google voice is different it initiates a call to a call center phone line they item or operate as local to you as possible then dials your intended contact via that proxy call automatically for you and spoofs your accounts caller-id so it appears as your virtual Google voice number and not the proxy call center number it used to initiate the call. Thus all Google voice calls carry on the cellular side and don't require data.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Green Tapatalk