5,597,261 Members 38,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Full root for A10x and A5xx ICS. Simple method.

Tip us?

ZeroNull
Old
(Last edited by ZeroNull; 25th June 2012 at 12:50 PM.) Reason: PS3
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374
Talking Full root for A10x and A5xx ICS. Simple method.

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

How to:
1. The tablet should be already upgraded to stock ICS for A100/A101 (or stock ICS A500/A501/A510 for other tablets).
2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer (Before connection it is recommended to update the driver for a tablet from here: A10x, A50x, A510).
5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
The root is received!
6. Now you will have to install the following programs:
SuperUser APK
Titanium Backup
At first it is necessary to start the Superuser program, at least 1 time after receiving root. And only then programs that require root access.

ATTENTION!
Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

Change:
The error of final check of receiving root is corrected (The messaging that "root" isn't received, though it was not so)
Support of A510 of tablets is improved

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

List of rooting versions:
New - ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip
Old - ICS_rooting.zip

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary.
PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
PS3: This method does not work on the A511 tablets
Attached Files
File Type: zip ICS_rooting.zip - [Click for QR Code] (901.2 KB, 47106 views)
File Type: zip ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip - [Click for QR Code] (863.3 KB, 111990 views)
The Following 100 Users Say Thank You to ZeroNull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Just tried this and it works perfectly as described; tested on Linux Mint 12, the su binary is even the latest, superuser is required from the market to grant permissions of course.

Thanks for this post ZeroNull.

I couldn't try Crossix's great .bat as we're a Windows free household, and the Missus keeps forgetting her laptop! This filled the gap nicely, will try to see what I can do with memory management now.

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toyface For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZeroNull
Old
(Last edited by ZeroNull; 5th March 2012 at 04:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374
Default Always please!

Not at all
I was afraid that something was translated incorrectly. But now everything is all right!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZeroNull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slayerpsp
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Thank you very much worked perfect could not be easier I now have rw permission
Sprint HTC ONE BLACK Asus TF300 32GB
Nexus 7 32gb Dell Streak 7 Tmobile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slayerpsp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

--Mac--
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I can now load Siraxis on here and start gaming via PS3 wireless controller.

Not only is this the best 7incher on the market, you can get it for under $300

spino1970
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNull View Post
Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).
How to:
1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS for A100.
2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
The root is received!
6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
SuperUser APK
Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary.
PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
is this a permanent root? or temporary? it give r/w permission on system folder?
spino devices:

Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 with stock firmware, unrooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 [Rooted] by Framaroot [Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean]
Kobo Aura still in stock firmware!

ZeroNull
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by spino1970 View Post
is this a permanent root? or temporary? it give r/w permission on system folder?
Permanent
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZeroNull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Definitely allows r/w access, done so myself with root explorer, and root has stuck after a reboot.

Sent from my A100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to toyface For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spino1970
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNull View Post
Permanent
thanx! what will happen if i'll try this over the crossix one? is it better to wipe the device and start from a clean installation?

And, it already mount r/w or i need to do it manually?

thanx again!
spino devices:

Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 with stock firmware, unrooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 [Rooted] by Framaroot [Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean]
Kobo Aura still in stock firmware!

aznmode
Old
Thanks Meter 747
This should be moved in the development section. Thanks gonna try it now.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote:
thanx! what will happen if i'll try this over the crossix one? is it better to wipe the device and start from a clean installation?

And, it already mount r/w or i need to do it manually?

thanx again!
Did this over crossix and worked fine. I can now R/O system folder. Didn't have to wipe.