Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 47,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PETITION] [MASS CONTACT APRIL 4] Requesting ASUS to Unlock the SBKv2 Devices

Tip us?

yoyomonk
Old
(Last edited by yoyomonk; 28th March 2012 at 08:11 PM.) Reason: Updating progress.
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Post [PETITION] [MASS CONTACT APRIL 4] Requesting ASUS to Unlock the SBKv2 Devices

Hey guys! I want to share a thought with you.

One of the best ways to expand the use of our devices is by being able to do what we wish to do with them. I hope to use my Asus Transformer for a long time. It's a phenomenal device with many options (as seen on SBKv1 devices with Ubuntu).

However, with SBKv2 devices, we seem to have hindered functionality and overall more caution. It isn't only about flashing custom ROMs and OSes. The fear of bricking a device is scarier for SBKv2 device since we do not have the means to use NVFlash.

So I want to propose an idea to you guys. How would you feel about organizing together as a community via petition/facebook posts/tweets to appeal to ASUS to release the Secure Boot Key? I feel as a community of tablet enthusiasts, we should allow our voices to be heard. It worked for the TF201, why not for us?

Edit 1:

Link to Petition
http://www.change.org/petitions/asus...ormer-devices#

We now have a petition. Let's organize to try to find a good goal for number of signatures and date of petition

Edit 2:
The tentative date to tweet Asus is April 4th. Later tonight, I will post the various facebook and twitter pages of Asus, as well as other contact information
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yoyomonk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pissos13
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm in!
I thought that the unlocking would be released when the one for TF201 also was...

wolf849
Old
Thanks Meter 220

DONATE TO ME
I'm in. But add SBKv3 As well (TF101G)

dozer123456
Old
Thanks Meter 0
+1 for NvFlash for SBK2

luna_c666
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Need a twitter and facebook bomb.

I propose we do this on one day!! Within a few hours, so we need to make an announcement on what day/when to twitter/facebook bomb them with;

Releasing SBK2 and 3
Releasing the kernel source for ICS

It should be far enough away that a large crowd of XDAers can organize, if it occurs too soon then we won't have the numbers needed to make a point..
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO REMOVE USB SAFELY
If I helped, click Thanks!
Asus Transformer EPIC NOOB GUIDE----TextButtons for ICS TF101----Sleek Buttons for ICS TF101

Devices:
Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII (Goodness JB ROM)
2 Epic4G's (CM10.1, CleanGB for the boy)
TF101 (CM10)
MyTouch4G (Lost or stolen )
The Following User Says Thank You to luna_c666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asolodoff
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm in!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Wdustin1
Old
Thanks Meter 318
I have a v1 but count me in!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

AlcoholicDoc
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I'll be all over this!!!

linuques
Old
Thanks Meter 29
You have my support. Lets do it.

mrevankyle
Old
Thanks Meter 540
I am all for getting the SBK unlocked and the kernel source released but spamming is NOT the way to do it. I would suggest a petition or to contact asus directly. spamming their social networks which is just plain disrespectful
Galaxy Note II-OmniRom Asus Transformer- Stockish(Media Center)
"Thank the devs, Thank the contributors"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrevankyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]