Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Custom ROM that allows access to EPST

OP Foots

5th March 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
I read somewhere that said only the sense roms can allow access to the EPST menu, but each one I have tried has failed so far. Anyone know if there is a ROM out there that lets me dial ##778 to get to the menu?
5th March 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,359

8,127 posts
More
Try a stock sense 1 ROM like stock plus or mcsense or gingerstock.

Were you trying sense 3.5 roms? Afaik they don't support epst properly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

Try a stock sense 1 ROM like stock plus or mcsense or gingerstock.

Were you trying sense 3.5 roms? Afaik they don't support epst properly.

Yes, it was Sense 3.5. I also tried the gingerstock rom and it didn't work either. I'll try and find a stock sense 1 ROM. I hear the Mcsense is pretty good. Thanks for the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Foots For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 08:33 AM   |  #4  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 932

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foots

Yes, it was Sense 3.5. I also tried the gingerstock rom and it didn't work either. I'll try and find a stock sense 1 ROM. I hear the Mcsense is pretty good. Thanks for the help.

Try Wildstangs ota 4.08.605.2 base rom, Jermaines Stock+ rom or my Touch Of Blue rom, EPST works on all of them.
6th March 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

93 posts
Quote:

I'm using the McSense rom but it doesn't seem to work for me. Am I doing something wrong? ##778 then press the call button, brings up my contacts? Strange..
6th March 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #6  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckuke4

I'm using the McSense rom but it doesn't seem to work for me. Am I doing something wrong? ##778 then press the call button, brings up my contacts? Strange..

That should be it. Try adding a pound to the end (##778#). I know some roms also use ##data#, *#*#program#*#*, or *#*#data#*#*
7th March 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
this never worked for me!
8th March 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

Try Wildstangs ota 4.08.605.2 base rom, Jermaines Stock+ rom or my Touch Of Blue rom, EPST works on all of them.

I'm gonna try the Touch of Blue next. The others didn't seem to work. Each time I hit ##778/send, it would just do nothing. It acts like it wants to open EPST, but never does.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA
9th March 2012, 08:39 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckuke4

Same here. I've tried every Sense ROM with no success, even the Touch of Blue, which us a beautiful ROM BTW. When I dial #778 and hit send, it acts like its trying to open the menu, but nothing comes up. Also, nothing responds on the screen until I hit the back button.
9th March 2012, 08:48 AM   |  #10  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Same here. I've tried every Sense ROM with no success, even the Touch of Blue, which us a beautiful ROM BTW. When I dial #778 and hit send, it acts like its trying to open the menu, but nothing comes up. Also, nothing responds on the screen until I hit the back button.

Very weird, i am running my rom TOB and can access it with no issues. I have always been able to access it except on a few ported roms. Im not sure what would be the difference. Same rom same phone, the only difference is whats on our emmc and sdcard, and that shouldt make a bit of difference. Mabey htc changed something in the phones along the way, causing some people to have different results than others. Only other thing i could think of is screen type, i have amoled, but that shouldnt make a difference either.

Also i noticed you said #778 it should be ##778# hit dial, may have just been a typo on your part.
Last edited by cmlusco; 9th March 2012 at 08:51 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread