Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] low in-call volume for legend - RESOLVED

Tip us?
 
krisxda
Old
(Last edited by krisxda; 19th March 2012 at 09:52 AM.) Reason: Resolved
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 54
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] low in-call volume for legend - RESOLVED

I could notice the ear piece volume or in-call volume of my phone is very low. I don't think issue with speaker phone volume, not when using head set.

In-call volume is set to maximum and still vary feeble

is this issue related to updating the radio ???

I tried checking the forum and not much help found ?

is this hardware issue ?

update: 03/19/12
*******************Resolved****************
it's fixed.. they replaced the earpiece.. cost INR 650... what a relief
 
gallery
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tuticorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxda View Post
I could notice the ear piece volume or in-call volume of my phone is very low. I don't think issue with speaker phone volume, not when using head set.

In-call volume is set to maximum and still vary feeble

is this issue related to updating the radio ???

I tried checking the forum and not much help found ?

is this hardware issue ?
Due to the dust in speaker grill
Watch Billa II Teaser (Tamil)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oCp6GL7Q-Y

First PREQUEL MOVIE IN INDIA

Starring: Ajith Kumar (India), Parvathy (India) & Bruna Abdullah (Brazil)

Directed By: Chakri Toleti (India)

Music By: Yuvan Shankar Raja

Stunts By: Stefan Richter (German)
The Following User Says Thank You to gallery For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
krisxda
Old
(Last edited by krisxda; 5th March 2012 at 07:30 PM.) Reason: not with dust !
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 54
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallery View Post
Due to the dust in speaker grill
I dont think it is because of that.. the design is smart with led amber light behind the grill still visible to tell it is not closed with dust ??

i guess it is something to do with radio or kernal
 
Stevemotto
Old
#4  
Stevemotto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 379
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Is your phone rooted? If so what rom? If not, there shouldn't be a problem. Hand it in for replacement is the last suggestion if you still have warranty.

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
HTC Legend : CM 7.1 Overclocked 806 MHZ
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevemotto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
krisxda
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 54
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemotto View Post
Is your phone rooted? If so what rom? If not, there shouldn't be a problem. Hand it in for replacement is the last suggestion if you still have warranty.

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
yes it is rooted..

i was using stock rom for a year then rooted and put CM7.1 stable to find that GPS was not working.

got the new Radio_47.39.35.09_7.13.35.05 flashed as GPS was not working.. which fixed the gps

nw running CM7.2 RC0 KANG

but not sure whether it is because of that radio update !!
 
Stevemotto
Old
#6  
Stevemotto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 379
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Most likely is the radio you flashed since I have no problems. But I'm not entirely sure ==

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
HTC Legend : CM 7.1 Overclocked 806 MHZ
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevemotto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
krisxda
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 54
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemotto View Post
Most likely is the radio you flashed since I have no problems. But I'm not entirely sure ==

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
something i noticed today is while using the head set, left speaker is having low in-call volume compared to right //
 
Stevemotto
Old
#8  
Stevemotto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 379
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxda View Post
something i noticed today is while using the head set, left speaker is having low in-call volume compared to right //
lol.. haven't seen this problem before, if it isn't a problem try flashing the radio provided from the Cm 7.1 and see if it works

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
HTC Legend : CM 7.1 Overclocked 806 MHZ
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevemotto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
krisxda
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 54
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemotto View Post
lol.. haven't seen this problem before, if it isn't a problem try flashing the radio provided from the Cm 7.1 and see if it works

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
ok i've sent it to service !!
 
Stevemotto
Old
#10  
Stevemotto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 379
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxda View Post
ok i've sent it to service !!
Hope it works for ya

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
HTC Legend : CM 7.1 Overclocked 806 MHZ

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevemotto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes