Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery drain at idle with dock

Tip us?

jbendaou
Old
(Last edited by jbendaou; 13th March 2012 at 03:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
i have the same issue. well after a factory reset it fixed the problem, but after a couple of weeks the battery leak started again, granted not as bad but still.
this is frustrating. i love my prime but my ipad 2 has an insane battery life. 2% drop in 24hrs! i wish i could say the same about the prime.
i do have a micro sd in my prime, not the dock. i will try removing it.
also i noticed that rebooting the prime will improve its battery life...

gixie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi
My dock had no card plugged in and it still happened...
This sucks big time, I bought the dock to protect the tablet but it's useless since I can't leave the tablet docked:(

jrush4
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I've been having the same problems, Prime around 60% and dock at 100%, when docked the dock will charge the Prime until it is empty, but the prime will only reach about 70%.

I've had the plastic SD card dummy that shipped with the dock inserted, just removed it and will see if it improves from here.

nhshah7
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrush4 View Post
I've been having the same problems, Prime around 60% and dock at 100%, when docked the dock will charge the Prime until it is empty, but the prime will only reach about 70%.

I've had the plastic SD card dummy that shipped with the dock inserted, just removed it and will see if it improves from here.
i'm planning on picking up a second dock to see if it behaves the same way. i'll update here if i find any difference. if not, i'm just going to assume that .15 killed my dock's battery lol

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app
Nexus 7 FHD: 4.4.3 stock, unlocked bootloader

HTC One XL: CleanROM 7R2

Nokia Lumia 800: WinPhone 7.8

Retired devices: Asus Transformer Prime, Nokia E62, Nokia E61, HTC Fuze, HTC Tilt2, Nokia E72, HTC Inspire

Hit thanks if I helped you please

ogg1e
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1ez3 View Post
OP here.

I seemed to have fixed the issue. I had an SD card in the dock, when I took it out and put it in the tab (it was a micro SD inside of a regular sd card) the battery life at idle seemed to be normal. SD card in the dock seems to cause wakelocks. Anyone else can try this to confirm
I noticed that the process called 'android media process' (I think) was using up a lot of cpu and could be the one preventing it from sleeping. Maybe you're onto something here. SD cards are media, and I believe that process is for them.

I'll try it out when I get home later tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to ogg1e For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

extremepizza
Old
Thanks Meter 2
What I did to solve this is to turn of wifi while sleeping. Never had the drain since.

I leave a SD card in the dock 24/7.

Extremepizza

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

ogg1e
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Since I removed the sd card from the dock, I no longer get the battery drain and it now goes into deep sleep when docked.

I wonder if Asus will ever fix this one...

Havagan
Old
(Last edited by Havagan; 17th March 2012 at 10:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I'll add my name to the list. The tablet + dock combination drains the battery quickly enough that it overwhelms the ability of the dock to charge the tablet. Settings: MobileDock Battery saving mode (on); Stay awake: screen will never sleep while charging (off); Keep Wi-fi on during sleep (off); Bluetooth (off)

Here's a screen capture of my tablet battery level decreasing at the same time it was charging from the dock (screen and wifi off).

Paul

K999rrl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i hop asus will fix this asap.. when my tablet is not docked in it loss 0-1% in 8 hours over night but today i carried the prime around with my dock and the battery just keep droping fast!...

K999rrl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
does any1 knows whether the first transformer has the same problem?