Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] warranty repair?

OP justsayin

6th March 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
anyone have any idea how long the turnaround should be on warranty repair? I sent it in from the states and its been over a month and I have had no updates or an ETA. I called support and the guy said he didn't know and the person who would isn't in..... The next call got me the "something happened in the warehouse and I can't tell you when you'll see your device.

I'm usually pretty easy going but they have almost had my tablet longer than I have.
6th March 2012, 12:47 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bolton le Sands, Near Lancaster, UK
Thanks Meter: 3,946

6,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
It took 1.5 months for them to return my charger that I sent back

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using XDA Premium HD app
6th March 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Got an email today finally. Apparently they ran out of stock in the warehouse. Should be mailing out my replacement in another 5 to7 days.
10th March 2012, 02:53 PM   |  #4  

8 posts
it must be because youre in the states you know. i sent my archos 80g9 8gb standard version back last week and got a replacement upgrade 80g9 16gb 1.5ghz turbo version within 4 days. and was quite happy

they dont repair products under warranty. so im thinking you may also get a free upgrade.

i think it will probably be something to do with the us customs . last time i bought something from the states i got 2 bills through the post where the us customs and the uk customs checked through my package and charged me for it.
16th March 2012, 03:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Still no word of the replacement shipping out. I don't normally bitch but this is kinda silly.

I'm sure an upgrade to 16 Gb or something would soften me up, but that is just not my luck.
20th March 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 91

253 posts
Donate to Me
Their RMA said would take 10-15 business days in the states after they received it. I was on 3 weeks post receipt with no word. I contacted them via their chat. They said it will be shipping in 2-3 days. So, I guess a month would seem realistic.

Here's hoping I get one of those upgrades!
21st March 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #7  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 4

72 posts
Wow, I hope I don't have to be without my tablet for a month. My RMA'd tablet was just delivered to them yesterday. It is a biatch to read my school books on my laptop.... I miss my G9.
23rd March 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #8  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 548

1,384 posts
More
oh no! hopefully I'm shipping my device soon once i get a reply back for my repair request...i hope it doesnt take a month
25th March 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Well I got my tablet back Thursday. They received it on Feb. 2nd and I got my replacement on the 22nd of March. No free upgrade though. I will say that this one seems to have a better build quality than the original. There is absolutely no screen defect at all. It came loaded with ics too.

Also I had to get the plugins that I already bought on this one. It was not too difficult once I filled out the form on their page. I got an email back in less than a day and then just added my device to my account on the website and downloaded it.
27th March 2012, 08:10 PM   |  #10  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 4

72 posts
As much as I love my G9 I am thinking about selling it once it returns from RMA. I am not a big fan of spending $300 on a device to have it sent back for a manufacturing defect and not see a replacement for over a month.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread