Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,960 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] warranty repair?

Tip us?

justsayin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] warranty repair?

anyone have any idea how long the turnaround should be on warranty repair? I sent it in from the states and its been over a month and I have had no updates or an ETA. I called support and the guy said he didn't know and the person who would isn't in..... The next call got me the "something happened in the warehouse and I can't tell you when you'll see your device.

I'm usually pretty easy going but they have almost had my tablet longer than I have.

Quinny899
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3830

DONATE TO ME
It took 1.5 months for them to return my charger that I sent back

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using XDA Premium HD app

Devices:
Nexus 5
Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7 FHD
Archos 80 G9
LG GT540

justsayin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Got an email today finally. Apparently they ran out of stock in the warehouse. Should be mailing out my replacement in another 5 to7 days.

petescou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
it must be because youre in the states you know. i sent my archos 80g9 8gb standard version back last week and got a replacement upgrade 80g9 16gb 1.5ghz turbo version within 4 days. and was quite happy

they dont repair products under warranty. so im thinking you may also get a free upgrade.

i think it will probably be something to do with the us customs . last time i bought something from the states i got 2 bills through the post where the us customs and the uk customs checked through my package and charged me for it.

justsayin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Still no word of the replacement shipping out. I don't normally bitch but this is kinda silly.

I'm sure an upgrade to 16 Gb or something would soften me up, but that is just not my luck.

dburckh
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Their RMA said would take 10-15 business days in the states after they received it. I was on 3 weeks post receipt with no word. I contacted them via their chat. They said it will be shipping in 2-3 days. So, I guess a month would seem realistic.

Here's hoping I get one of those upgrades!

g1no23
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Wow, I hope I don't have to be without my tablet for a month. My RMA'd tablet was just delivered to them yesterday. It is a biatch to read my school books on my laptop.... I miss my G9.

Shano56
Old
Thanks Meter 548
oh no! hopefully I'm shipping my device soon once i get a reply back for my repair request...i hope it doesnt take a month
LG Nexus 5

justsayin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well I got my tablet back Thursday. They received it on Feb. 2nd and I got my replacement on the 22nd of March. No free upgrade though. I will say that this one seems to have a better build quality than the original. There is absolutely no screen defect at all. It came loaded with ics too.

Also I had to get the plugins that I already bought on this one. It was not too difficult once I filled out the form on their page. I got an email back in less than a day and then just added my device to my account on the website and downloaded it.

g1no23
Old
Thanks Meter 4
As much as I love my G9 I am thinking about selling it once it returns from RMA. I am not a big fan of spending $300 on a device to have it sent back for a manufacturing defect and not see a replacement for over a month.