Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I'm attempting Devving :p

OP Emmanuel U

6th March 2012, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 2,253

1,530 posts
More
Well as of now I'm attempting to port this Rom from the Inspire. I know its fine because the Rom is apart of AOKP (Android Open KANG Project) So far...I'm yet to get it booting as this is my First Rom...Blue6IX has been really great to me with his amazing guides scattered in pretty much one Mother-of-All-Threads
So know promises but hope for an Booting Alpha soon. If you know anything that can assist me (guides, techniques etc) please PM me or post below. Btw I will be editing this thread for updates on my progress.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emmanuel U For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 04:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tucson, Az
Thanks Meter: 60

283 posts
More
Awesome, we can always use another Dev.
6th March 2012, 04:56 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 321

2,128 posts
More
that would be great, the screenshots of that ROM look really slick! if you can catch jkilo, he could probably help ya, and in general you'd probably get some pointers in the IRC. good luck, and have fun!
6th March 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere in NYC
Thanks Meter: 401

2,701 posts
More
Maybe eventually you can get CM9 booting on our device.
6th March 2012, 11:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs

1,530 posts
More
Yes lol...have actually been trying to catch him on the irc servers...no luck
6th March 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Carpentersville
Thanks Meter: 511

1,471 posts
More
(PDF will open once link is clicked) A porting AOSP guide.

Sent from my HTC myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
6th March 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs

1,530 posts
More
lol where...?
7th March 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Reno/Tahoe
Thanks Meter: 38

149 posts
More
@xmc wildchild...pm me when you get a chance. I can give u all tools needed to compile code. Build code. Etc etc. Let me know if you need any help.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidBotx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #9  
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 39

267 posts
More
We already have a 'getting started with doubleshot' guide/sticky thread. Would it be a really good idea to have one for devving for this device too?
We have really few devs around here and I know our devs went through a lot to get where they are right now, but the quickest way to share the basics on this would be to have a basic getting started with devving for the mt4gs guide.
It would reduce the number of PMs devs have to deal with too and give more time to work on their roms. It would also be a nice avenue to share ways to fix common bugs/problems with the device during the dev process, for those willing to share their knowlegde.
I know there's something like this somewhere on XDA, but I think with the number of devs we have around it would be a great idea to have a personalised one for this device.
I hope this isn't to much to ask for.

sent from a hacked Phone Booth using XDA
7th March 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Valley View, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,077

1,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybot_x1024

We already have a 'getting started with doubleshot' guide/sticky thread. Would it be a really good idea to have one for devving for this device too?
We have really few devs around here and I know our devs went through a lot to get where they are right now, but the quickest way to share the basics on this would be to have a basic getting started with devving for the mt4gs guide.
It would reduce the number of PMs devs have to deal with too and give more time to work on their roms. It would also be a nice avenue to share ways to fix common bugs/problems with the device during the dev process, for those willing to share their knowlegde.
I know there's something like this somewhere on XDA, but I think with the number of devs we have around it would be a great idea to have a personalised one for this device.
I hope this isn't to much to ask for.

sent from a hacked Phone Booth using XDA

i would like this

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread