Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Video- Stock or CM7

Tip us?

Vegasden
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Default Video- Stock or CM7

First, I know the very talented CM team has a handle on video acceleration. But I'm your basic impatient old fart (get off my lawn) that has a passion for baseball. Especially baseball at work when I'm supposed to be working.

When I picked up the NT I was virtually rooting before I was done unpacking it. So I never really saw what stock software can/cannot do, I went right to CM.

Today I cranked up MLB.TV thru the Dolphin browser. The clarity if the picture was outstanding. Unfortunately, video movement was very jerky. It wasn't the connection, as the wifi tested at about 13/5. I also tested on my Galaxy S2 and all was perfect.

So, the question is: until the CM team releases their next version, would rooted stock provide better video playback? Or am I destined to watch games on my phone for a while?

lavero.burgos
Old
Thanks Meter 1308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
So, the question is: until the CM team releases their next version, would rooted stock provide better video playback? Or am I destined to watch games on my phone for a while?......
Yes, stock ROM will do the job. You can make a nandroid backup of your current CM7 ROM so when the new release comes out you can easily restore your data because the data from stock can't be restored in CM7 it will give you troubles.

~ Veronica
SG Captivate - PAC ROM 4.2.2 | SGS2X - CM10.1 4.2.2 | NOOK Tablet - CM10.1 4.2.2 |

If i helped you please hit
button -
Your files everywhere! Get dropbox 2GB+250mb free: http://db.tt/9DHo4Gi

VIDEO TUTORIALS
My XDA FTP Folder ~ GDrive Folder ~ My XDA Threads

Vegasden
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Thanks. That'll hold me until CM updates. I do theming and have a good start on a CM7 package... but I needed my baseball until then.