Originally Posted by copo
I'm currently on ROMOW ICS v1 ROM and would like to try some others, however when I boot into the recovery mode and do "Install zip from SD card", I then choose a zip to install, however every time it will stuck in a place "Setting Permission" whatever which ROM I tried (AOKP, imilka), I tried fixing permission in recovery mode, swipe cache and data but still no luck, any hint will be appreciated, thank you!
1. Flash KL3 via PC Odin
3. Install Mobile Odin
4. Copy Chainfire's ICS - Repack to SD Card
5. Open mobile Odin then select open file and select Chainfire's ICS Repack
6. Don't change any settings just scroll down and select Flash Firmware
7. After flashing Repack it ll boot into Recovery mode
8. Just select reboot now
9. Wait for complete reboot.
10. If its taking too long time boot , Reboot into recovery then do Wipe/Factory reset and Wipe cache
11. Reboot then wait for Complete boot. (First boot ll fail to load TWlauncher and it ll crash and again it ll boot into normal mode.. you have wait.. thats it...
The above method worked for me more than 10 times..
---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------
Originally Posted by claudekenni
same for me. I was on AOKP and wanted to restore a Backup which failed. Now iam not able to install any firmware.
This is because the i9220 Kernel is acting weird in all devices who flashed. if you want restore nand backup, just flash KL3 via PC Odin then install CWM+Root. After that reboot in to CWM Recovery , then Restore Nand Backup.. works for me..
Sony Xperia Neo L
| Stock ICS