[KERNEL][GPL]2013-03-02 b24 motley kernel for the Prime (4.2.2 alpha)

OP _motley

13th March 2012, 02:37 PM   |  #111  
Flag Henrico, VA
Thanks Meter: 177

812 posts
More
74c is not terrible. It depends on the silicone, alot of higher end gpus run 85+ stock. I'm not sure the upper limit of the 40nm process this chip is based off but 74 is out of my comfort zone. 60 or so would be ideal. Does anyone know how the heatsink on this device is setup? Can we mod it?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
13th March 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #112  
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 3,311

3,993 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefit14snake

74c is not terrible. It depends on the silicone, alot of higher end gpus run 85+ stock. I'm not sure the upper limit of the 40nm process this chip is based off but 74 is out of my comfort zone. 60 or so would be ideal. Does anyone know how the heatsink on this device is setup? Can we mod it?

It's terrible enough to make it shut down. Mine stays around 40C when I'm using the tablet.
13th March 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #113  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 360

755 posts
Donate to Me
More
Any chance this supports init.d ?

sent from my Transformer Prime
13th March 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 72

238 posts
More
Reporting back from before, turns out atp tweak was the problem. I unchecked enable deadline at boot and was able to boot right up and run some benchmarks at 1.7ghz. Then I opened up atp tweak just for fun and my tab immediately rebooted. So I'd add to the op that people need to uninstall or atleast disable Atp tweak.
Sent from my ROOTED Transformer Prime
Last edited by PapaSmurf6768; 14th March 2012 at 02:19 AM.
13th March 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 72

238 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko!

Also, plus 1 on this.

13th March 2012, 09:46 PM   |  #116  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Quote:

It is strange that Antutu can't get past the 2d/3d tests. Something doesn't sound right there.

It never does even in stock kernel - seems like the antutu bug, I do not bother.

Quote:

This temp is being reported by the driver for NCT1008 (nct1008.c), a temperature monitoring device from ON Semiconductors. It appears that a thermal shutdown was triggered. EDP will throttle your clock down starting at a certain temp and then thermal shutdown will occur at a max temp.

It is clear - I'd like the people to know/distinguish the 'reboot/freeze' event that caused by thermal shutdown or by chipset overclock instability. This means that true 1.8Ghz can be possibly achieved with some additional cooling
13th March 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #117  
Flag Henrico, VA

812 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SfinxSoft

It never does even in stock kernel - seems like the antutu bug, I do not bother.

It is clear - I'd like the people to know/distinguish the 'reboot/freeze' event that caused by thermal shutdown or by chipset overclock instability. This means that true 1.8Ghz can be possibly achieved with some additional cooling

Where is prime95 when you need it? Lol

13th March 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #118  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,407

858 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko!

Sure, this should be easy to addto the init.rc within the included initramfs in the next version.

For example:
Code:
exec /sbin/sysinit.rc
class_start default
Then, you would be required to provide your own sysinit.rc or the ROM will already have it setup somewhere. I will check some custom ROMs to see what path/naming convention they are using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf6768

Reporting back from before, turns out atp tweak was the problem. I unchecked enable deadline at boot and was able to boot right up and run some benchmarks at 1.7ghz. Then I opened up atp tweak just for fun and my tab immediately rebooted. So I'd add to the op that people need to uninstall or atleast disable Atlanta tweak.

Thanks for reporting back Papa. I have updated the OP with this info under requirements.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _motley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2012, 02:41 AM   |  #119  
Thanks Meter: 239

2,101 posts
I've been trying to keep tabs on my clock speed, just for kicks. Its seems that when I'm set to 1.7 using the interactive governor, I almost never hit 1300, 1400, 1500, or 1600. It's not a problem by any means, I'm just curious if it was designed to be like this. I don't know anything about kernels, other than how to install them. And by the way this one is working great. Really hoping for a 1.8 my temp seem to be fine.

Edit.. whoa, first time I've ever posted a pic. Didn't intend for it to be so big...
15th March 2012, 08:10 PM   |  #120  
Flag Henrico, VA

812 posts
More
Interestingly enough I did try this with the new build of the aokp rom and it works marvelously! ! Quite a bit smoother than the kernel they have packaged with the rom. The only problem is wifi doesn't work! Lol ill probably flash back to virtuous when the new build comes out and use this kernel.

Great work!

Sent from my Transformer Prime using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread