Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 53,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sticky for Bluetooth keyboards

Tip us?

mrcharly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sticky for Bluetooth keyboards

Could we have a sticky listing bluetooth keyboards that people have found work with the Sensation?

Maybe just start by everyone who has had a keyboard working posting the make and model in this thread?

kpjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcharly View Post
Could we have a sticky listing bluetooth keyboards that people have found work with the Sensation?

Maybe just start by everyone who has had a keyboard working posting the make and model in this thread?
i-Tech virtual kb. Oldie but goodie. I had to buy the drivers from a site (I forget where lol) Works like 80% of the time, but cool looking! LOL

gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images

dobah
Old
Thanks Meter 8
My rom is Android revolution HD 6.4.0
My bluetooth keyboard is a dell Y-RAQ-DEL2

Seems to work ok. Wish I had a bluetooth mouse to go with it. Pairing is simple. Just go to the bluetooth screen on android. Now turn the keyboard on and hold down the pairing bluetooth button on the back til the dell keyboard is detected on the android side. A key will be listed so just type it in and the pairing is finished.

jck239
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Rom: VI 4.0
Bluetooth keyboard: Apple bluetooth keyboard

I did pair the mouse but it didn't seam to do anything

byrdman164
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I've had luck using the keyboard for the Motorola Xoom/Atrix. You just need to put the keyboard into computer pair mode by turning it on while holding keys V+A+R, and you can pair it to admitting else with Bluetooth. I've used it with my sensation, Xoom and touchpad.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Ouzo
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Hi,

I just bought this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...F8&me=&seller=

So far it's okay. The keypad is fairly squashed and is a bit awkward to use because it's laid out in a 'chocolate box style' rather than staggered, but at the same time it's not quite small enough to hold in your hands and reach all of the keys with your hands. The keys feel pretty cheap, but for 20, what do you expect, especially as it has a mouse too : )

However, having said that, now that ICS is here the mouse function works everywhere, not just in certain apps. This gives almost full control of the phone. The only thing missing initially (that I've noticed) was the ability to press 'Menu'. I've solved this by altering the keyboard layout file as per the instrustions here: http://chris.boyle.name/2010/08/android-keymaps. I chose to re-map the 'Alt Gr' to menu.

By trial and error I'm finding all sorts of Ctrl key combinations to do various things, such as open bookmarks in the web browser (Ctrl B), history (Ctrl H) and so on.

On the plus side it will be small enough to go in a suitcase to take on holiday along with my MHL cable so I can plug it into tvs in the hotel room. Yeah baby!!!