Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BETA][2.3+] Volume+ V1.9.0.1 - Save/Load Custom EQ Settings! - 8th April

Tip us?

Meltus
Old
(Last edited by Meltus; 3rd July 2012 at 12:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 993

DONATE TO ME
Default [BETA][2.3+] Volume+ V1.9.0.1 - Save/Load Custom EQ Settings! - 8th April

ONLY FOR PHONES RUNNING GINGERBREAD (Android 2.3) OR HIGHER!!!

After 2 weeks of solid coding (and not much sleep) the Beta is finally ready!
Thank you to everyone on my twitter who has tested the incomplete version already!

For those of you who have no idea what this application does, let me summarise:
Volume+ allows you to manually alter the 5 EQ bands in Android and also allows you to increase the volume multiplier to a maximum of 20 (it can go higher, but I've limited it to 20 for obvious reasons). I've included several EQ pre-sets too.
In this latest version, I've added the option to save your custom EQ settings and load them again. This was the single most requested feature (and the most time consuming to code!). These options are available for the phone's main loudspeaker, the wired headset and your A2DP bluetooth headset.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it, and please post any bugs you find!
Cheers.

Volume+ V1.9.0.1
- Changed the package name, so hopefully you wont get any more irritating update messages from the Android Market (You'll have to uninstall any previous versions prior to installing this one)
- Re-added the old drop down volume options, it seems to go louder this way for some reason
- Other behind the scenes changes

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB4) updated 6:43 (BST). Fixed force close bug.
- Seekbars modified further to look and function better.
- Massive size reduction (151kb to 75kb).

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB3)
- Seekbars (sliders) altered to work better on devices with small/large screens (Still not perfect, will be worked on more).
- [BUGFIX] When you open the app, the 'EQ Presets' list would not load as disabled if the "Use Custom" checkbox was ticked. This has been fixed.
- Size reduced (will be reduced further before release).

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB2)
- Some slight code modifications
- Removal of A LOT of crap
- All debug messages removed (wont spam your logcat now)
- Check added so you can only open headset/bluetooth settings when headset is plugged in or bluetooth device is connected.
- UI Overhaul
* Settings completely changed
* Sliders automatically adjust to show pre-sets
* Volume/BassBoost/Echo now controlled exclusively by the sliders
* Tick the 'Custom EQ Settings' to enable the sliders
- the ability to Save/Load/Delete custom settings added
- Method of altering volume modified
- Various behind-the-scenes changes

It should be fairly self explanetory, but don't hesitate to get in contact with me on here, via e-mail (dancassidy7@gmail.com) or on Twitter.

Thanks and Enjoy!

Meltus

1.9.0.1 Download Link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56466503/Bui...9.0.1-FREE.apk
Attached Files
File Type: apk VolumePlus1.9-RB4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (74.5 KB, 7533 views)
The Following 81 Users Say Thank You to Meltus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avlfive
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Nice! Installing now. Will report back. Thanks!

HashTagHell
Old
(Last edited by HashTagHell; 6th March 2012 at 07:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 586
Works great, and the presets take the guess work out of it. Definitely sounds a lot different on my Gnex.

Edit: Sounds great through the speaker and all settings work. However, while using headphones there are no changes what so ever. I tried different settings but they all sound the same.
Free 20GB of Copy Storage >> https://copy.com?r=naONJJ
TOUCHPAD: [ROM] [EXPERIMENTAL] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies
NEXUS 7 (2nd Gen): Stock 4.4 KitKat [Untouched]
Notice: All of the nice people were killed somewhere between the beginning and end of the thread.

avlfive
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I did notice a difference with headphones but I also got a small hiss. Even with all of the settings turned to 0. Just having the mod enabled gave me a little hiss while playing podcasts with PocketCasts. Couldn't really notice the hiss with Google Music but I'll have to play around more.

Could just be the ROM or the kernel though. I'm gonna keep playing around to see what's up. Love the app though. I don't understand why there aren't more good EQ apps out there. DSP is hit and miss and this is the only other real other one that's any good.

Will be able to test bluetooth later on today, hopefully.

chikimonke
Old
Thanks Meter 1952
When loading it up on my GNex (Verizon) I noticed there was a message about the bass boost and EQ not working yet on ICS. With the 1.8.1 release, I noticed that if I just changed the EQ and BB settings while the music was playing, that the changes would be there but once the music was stopped, it seemed I would have to reset the settings again to get the changes. This doesn't seem to be the case now though, changing the settings doesn't seem to get them to show up at all on 1.9. If there's something I can do to help, let me know. I'm running AOKP b27 and faux kernel 13m as reference.

Meltus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 993

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay D. Life View Post
Works great, and the presets take the guess work out of it. Definitely sounds a lot different on my Gnex.

Edit: Sounds great through the speaker and all settings work. However, while using headphones there are no changes what so ever. I tried different settings but they all sound the same.
Thanks for the feedback!
I'll flash the ROM you're using and see if I can replicate it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meltus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heo_con184
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Thanks for your hard work Meltus.

I'm running fine with your Volume+ 1.8 but I'm trying the beta now.

Will feed back tomorrow.

Meltus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 993

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay D. Life View Post

Just flashed the ROM you're using and the headset settings seem to be working fine for me. Are you using PowerAMP or something similar to play music? Any music player that has it's own built in EQ will override my app.

avlfive
Old
Thanks Meter 27
FYI, on AOKP27, Toro GNex, Bluetooth works great too! Haven't noticed any issues yet. Thanks again!

sunnylovesalman
Old
Thanks Meter 2123

DONATE TO ME
very nice application and worth a download and usage but same with headphones, not much difference felt.