[Q] Battery died installing ICS 4.0.3

OP drpvsa

6th March 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Can't seem to find a similar situation. Was installing "ICS-4.0.3_r1-cm_spyder-2012-01-25-04_55" on Verizon Droid RAZR XT912. Battery died during install. Boots, tries to install rom upgrades, reboots over and over. Tried installing other roms and rsdlite via "apply update from sdcard." Nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks.

Things I've tried to install via "apply update from sdcard":

6.5.1-73_SLC-ME6.2_SIGNLATAM_USASPYDVIVBRB1B2B5B8B8LA022.0R_USA SPYVIVBR0LA_P007_A009_HWp2b_CFC_fastboot.xml

18119d1240075850-rsdlite-download-here-rsdlite_4.5.3

VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to drpvsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 182

1,277 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpvsa

Can't seem to find a similar situation. Was installing "ICS-4.0.3_r1-cm_spyder-2012-01-25-04_55" on Verizon Droid RAZR XT912. Battery died during install. Boots, tries to install rom upgrades, reboots over and over. Tried installing other roms and rsdlite via "apply update from sdcard." Nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks.

6.5.1-73_SLC-ME6.2_SIGNLATAM_USASPYDVIVBRB1B2B5B8B8LA022.0R_USA SPYVIVBR0LA_P007_A009_HWp2b_CFC_fastboot.xml

Thanks again.

well i use GSM not an expert but if it fails with RSD Lite then possibly due to the fact that battery is not charged above a certain limit.. so u would need to charge battery. possibly may have to use fastboot mode to wipe everything clean and try from scratch.

erm if RSD Lite doesnt work even after a charge then im sure there is an alternative to RSD Lite for ICS users although thats just of the top of my head whenever i fast flick through XDA

hope thats of some helps!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobzter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Thanks for responding. Whenever I do the AP Fastboot this comes up:

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Device is locked. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

Then what?
6th March 2012, 07:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 182

1,277 posts
Quote:

Thanks for responding. Whenever I do the AP Fastboot this comes up:

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Device is locked. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

Then what?

well that means your good to go. although for the heads up, if you havent charged it for a while it will fail later on during installation. so make sure it is charged up quite a bit!

what i would suggest before this stage is to get to the stock recovery and do format data & format cache otherwise may still come up with errors later.

once you've cleaned wipe, you can go back to the fastboot section as u mentioned above, then open RSD Lite, find fastboot files for your CDMA version (unfortunately as im on GSM i have no idea but there is a section in Android Development where there would be a list and im sure you will be able to find out one for your phone).

once downloaded, extract it and through RSD Lite connect your phone, once your phone has been located, browse and locate the .xml file from the extracted file and then hit start and should hopefully work fine there on.

just incase, do get second opinion as i dont want to be responsible if anything happens to go wrong.

if RSD Lite doesnt work (considering battery is charged fine) then like i said you may have to look for alternative RSD Lite through Razr Forum and that should be able to help you along the way.

best of luck pal!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobzter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,097

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks again.

Flash again with RSD Lite a working rom to your device. Be fast or battery may discharge and you'll not be able to fix it. Is Verizon your carrier?

Grabb files from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1362956

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to pedrotorresfilho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Thank you sir. Formatting now. The ICS rom I tried originally still does it's splash screen if I let the phone try to boot. Hopefully this will work!
6th March 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #7  

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you sir. Formatting now. The ICS rom I tried originally still does it's splash screen if I let the phone try to boot. Hopefully this will work!

Yep, it should work. Wish u good luck!! Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to pedrotorresfilho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Haha so my battery died as I was following these instructions. Ended up dying within a few per cent of being done. Now I'm getting the default Motorola dual core startup screen then

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.66

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version (CG: system)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)"

Battery won't charge with cable hooked up to outlet or computer and I can't install anything via RSD unless the battery is full enough. When the phone is hooked up to a power source it always goes back to the message above unless I let it die, then the charge light comes on, then goes away after x amount of time (depending on power source).

I have no idea what to do with the phone now. If I can somehow get the charge up enough to run RSD then I'm good. Until then...?????

Thanks you guys for your help.
7th March 2012, 10:31 AM   |  #9  
Flag Hobart
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
More
Pretty sure there are some schematics for a serial cable or something similar around, I remember seeing some one with the same problem.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to molgen90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #10  

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Haha so my battery died as I was following these instructions. Ended up dying within a few per cent of being done. Now I'm getting the default Motorola dual core startup screen then

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.66

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version (CG: system)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)"

Battery won't charge with cable hooked up to outlet or computer and I can't install anything via RSD unless the battery is full enough. When the phone is hooked up to a power source it always goes back to the message above unless I let it die, then the charge light comes on, then goes away after x amount of time (depending on power source).

I have no idea what to do with the phone now. If I can somehow get the charge up enough to run RSD then I'm good. Until then...?????

Thanks you guys for your help.

You razr are soft-bricked. This means you cannot program or charge the battery.

The solution is to use a 'factory cable' (will post a link here) to flash a new rom on it. After loading system files you'll be able to charge it again.

Here it's

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1403100

You may find more tutorials over the internet (google) how-to build a factory cable.

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread