HTC M9 S-OFF In Less Than 24 Hours – No ETA On Release

HTC devices are no stranger to XDA’s Senior Recognized Developers … more

April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Tab 7.7 Price ?? + Screen

6th March 2012, 08:02 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Hi how much are you paying for the 7.7 ?? Also is it worth getting as I already have galaxy note the screen resolution is the same... But is the screen better then the note as the 7.7 is not a pentile display ??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium App
6th March 2012, 08:29 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
317 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
They are about $650 shipped or so from Negri for the wifi/3g model I think.

Your Galaxy Note has a resolution of 1280x720 whereas the 7.7 has a 1280x800, not that it matters much, they are very similar of course.

In my personal opinion - I think a Galaxy Note + 7.7 is too much of the same thing.. The screen sizes are close already as is the resolution.. I think something with a 10 or larger screen would compliment your already large screen mini-tablet phone better.
6th March 2012, 11:49 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
599 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversion

Your Galaxy Note has a resolution of 1280x720 whereas the 7.7 has a 1280x800, not that it matters much, they are very similar of course.

The Note is 1280x800. I can definitely see the difference with the PenTile matrix, even at the Note's pixel density, and prefer the RGB stripe on the 7.7. Many people can't see it or don't care--and really, the Note's screen is exceptional.

As for whether to get it, I don't really feel that the 7.7 complements the Note all that well, but it's really a matter of preference. Personally, I use the 7.7 around the living room mostly, while I have a GS2 as a daily driver for phone use. Some people use the 7.7 as a primary device; maybe you'd prefer it to the Note. My issue with larger tablets is that you're stuck at the same resolution all the way from the tab 7.7 to the 10.1. IMO, you're better off waiting for the iPad3 or a 1080p+ android tablet.
The Following User Says Thank You to teiglin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2012, 06:35 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiglin

The Note is 1280x800. I can definitely see the difference with the PenTile matrix, even at the Note's pixel density, and prefer the RGB stripe on the 7.7. Many people can't see it or don't care--and really, the Note's screen is exceptional.

As for whether to get it, I don't really feel that the 7.7 complements the Note all that well, but it's really a matter of preference. Personally, I use the 7.7 around the living room mostly, while I have a GS2 as a daily driver for phone use. Some people use the 7.7 as a primary device; maybe you'd prefer it to the Note. My issue with larger tablets is that you're stuck at the same resolution all the way from the tab 7.7 to the 10.1. IMO, you're better off waiting for the iPad3 or a 1080p+ android tablet.

True ill be stuck with the same resolution but whats the point of getting a 10.1 lcd xvga display or whatever it is?? OLED Display is way better and you are spot on you can tell the difference between pentile and non pentile displays.... Detail really matters to me im kind of a screen perfectionist if you know where im coming from Thanks for your feedback i will be taking the plunge for the 7.7
7th March 2012, 07:17 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 273
 
5,720 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
If you are looking at text its quite easy to tell which one is pentile despite the high resolution but if your looking at images or movies I doubt anyone can tell the difference.

Im a screen perfectionist my self and I cannot tell the difference in images/movies from both devices. Though pentile vs RGB at 1280x800 is a minor issue for me, what concerns me more is the huge % of screens with manufacturing inconsistencies, some might find those inconsistencies tolerable but I dont.
9th March 2012, 04:28 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I am at your shoes about 1 month ago. I ended up selling my note, and couldn't be happier.

I love the screen, it's much better than the note, even though I already feel that Note's screen are great. And as a multimedia device, note loses, and another reason, I'm sick of gingerbread, so eventhough honeycomb is bad, I still enjoy the fresher experience.

You won't regret getting 7.7, like me It's so thin, its well made (it's the first non apple product that wow-ed me), and brilliant screen!
9th March 2012, 03:07 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torakun

I am at your shoes about 1 month ago. I ended up selling my note, and couldn't be happier.

I love the screen, it's much better than the note, even though I already feel that Note's screen are great. And as a multimedia device, note loses, and another reason, I'm sick of gingerbread, so eventhough honeycomb is bad, I still enjoy the fresher experience.

You won't regret getting 7.7, like me It's so thin, its well made (it's the first non apple product that wow-ed me), and brilliant screen!

No dude im not selling the NOTE im keeping it lol i need a tablet so ill be getting the 7.7 Thanks
9th March 2012, 03:08 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

If you are looking at text its quite easy to tell which one is pentile despite the high resolution but if your looking at images or movies I doubt anyone can tell the difference.

Im a screen perfectionist my self and I cannot tell the difference in images/movies from both devices. Though pentile vs RGB at 1280x800 is a minor issue for me, what concerns me more is the huge % of screens with manufacturing inconsistencies, some might find those inconsistencies tolerable but I dont.

Thanks i already do quite a lot of reading on my NOTE so 7.7 will be perfect for that Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes