Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] [ROM] CM9 for Nook Tablet Alpha 0.06

Tip us?

SilentStormer
Old
Thanks Meter 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by everest.deth View Post
Sooo, how is everyone dealing with the SOD? I mean, I thought it'd be ok to have it die ocassionaly, but, it dies *every* time it goes to sleep. Is there sort of like a workaround to prevent as many as I experience? Like, changing the CPU min clock, or just disabling the sleep mode? :P
Just install the wake lock app (free on the market) and turn on the partial_wake_lock option in the app every time you boot the tablet. I haven't had a SOD since then. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
Android Enthusiast level 17
I write about tech stuff, do pixel art, and photography from time to time: http://adventuresofayoungnerd.tumblr.com
My Devices:
) Sprint Galaxy Nexus: The Experience Project Nightlies
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentStormer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SilentStormer
Old
Thanks Meter 1147
So now I'm interested in dual booting cm9 and cm7 because of the bugs and lack of hw accel especially because of the no 3d graphics in cm9. How would I use cyanoboot to do that, and would I be able to use the same backups that I made in cwm to boot in cyanoboot.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium
Android Enthusiast level 17
I write about tech stuff, do pixel art, and photography from time to time: http://adventuresofayoungnerd.tumblr.com
My Devices:
) Sprint Galaxy Nexus: The Experience Project Nightlies

downsay
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStormer View Post
Just install the wake lock app (free on the market) and turn on the partial_wake_lock option in the app every time you boot the tablet. I haven't had a SOD since then. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
This also worked flawlessly for me.

My only huge issue with this CM9 alpha: Dropbox isn't functioning properly for me. It won't allow me to download/access my files on the Dropbox app. I can navigate through Dropbox just fine, but each time I try to open a file, Dropbox force closes.

Has anyone else experienced this? Have you found a solution?

nerdyjim
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaw View Post
Just wondering if the devs know, but CPU stays at 1008mhz for my NT no matter what the min/Max is set to. I realize this is just an alpha and nowhere near finished. I'm just excited to have ICS on my tablet.

Sent from my NookTablet using XDA Premium HD app
I noticed the same thing using CPU spy the only state it was running at was the max CPU state. I attribute this to the ported over 2.3.6(I think) kernel and the alpha state of the ROM. I haven't noticed any warmness or problems from it so all should be well.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

homen3
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HacDan View Post
Try the on the one here

It should work, but no guarente's. Works for Encore, but I'm not sure the rotation being used in the nook tablet kernel.
it works thanks :)

Sent from my NookTablet using xda premium

fattire
Old
(Last edited by fattire; 8th March 2012 at 11:09 PM.) Reason: How to dual boot
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4386
Lightbulb How To Dual Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStormer View Post
So now I'm interested in dual booting cm9 and cm7 because of the bugs and lack of hw accel especially because of the no 3d graphics in cm9. How would I use cyanoboot to do that, and would I be able to use the same backups that I made in cwm to boot in cyanoboot.

There are many ways to do this, but the simplest may be this: Put CM7 on SD card and put CM9 on emmc.

Make sure you are using CyanoBoot on the SD card. You can now make either the "default" boot. (to set the emmc as default, do this

$ adb shell echo -n "1" > /bootdata/u-boot.device

This will make it boot "through" the SD to use emmc. Or, to switch it back to using the SD card, just do this:

$ adb shell echo -n "0" > /bootdata/u-boot.device

At any point, you can use the boot menu (hold down "n" when booting) to "override" whatever you have selected as the default.

A bonus: Once you create the /bootdata/u-boot.device file, a "hidden" menu will show up in CyanoBoot that will allow you to toggle it back and forth!

Hope this helps. Apparently, I like bolding things.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nerdyjim
Old
(Last edited by nerdyjim; 9th March 2012 at 01:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattire View Post
Make sure you are using CyanoBoot on the SDcard.
Thanks for this. I really appreciate all the work everyone has been doing!

Edit: Found an answer to my question.

ms2003
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxexpert View Post
Check your bit rates.
B = 11Mbps
G = 54Mbps to 108Mbps
N = 150 Mbps to 300Mbps

If your on Windows 7, which I am, you can go to the WiFi icon and click it then right click on the connection you are on and go to Status. It will show you a "Speed:" and a bit rate. Match that with the B, G, N rates I posted above and there you go.
they are all 52Mbps or so, but the office signal is less stable, will jump from 10Mbps to 78Mbps

alaw
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdyjim View Post
I noticed the same thing using CPU spy the only state it was running at was the max CPU state. I attribute this to the ported over 2.3.6(I think) kernel and the alpha state of the ROM. I haven't noticed any warmness or problems from it so all should be well.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
My tablet gets pretty hot and the battery drains rather fast because of it.

Sent from my NookTablet using XDA Premium HD app

boyj600
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Download links are not working for me on the op. 404 error

Nexus 4: Rooted, Metro PCS (Current)
Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet CM10.1

Retired: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible, HTC Tilt 2, Samsung Blackjack II