OP chrmhoffmann

9th May 2012, 02:57 AM   |  #531  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 911

6,847 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm kinda confused by the flashing methods posted in the OP. I boot CWM via the SD no problem... but both the SD and Internal point to the same place (internal memory).

I can copy the rom to the internal rom and flash it... but wouldn't that overwrite itself? Also the recovery.img probably requires ADB but the instructions make no mention of how to do it on the Nook.

Also this forum seems kinda dead. Which is weird for such a "newer" tablet. Even RootzWiki's development section is empty.......

[EDIT]
Nevermind about the recovery.img, I forgot that the Nook requires a specifically formatted SD, which is probably what that is. I already have a CWM bootable imaged SD but seein' how there is an image paired with each rom, I'm assuming each one is required for that individual rom.
Last edited by player911; 9th May 2012 at 03:00 AM.
9th May 2012, 03:11 AM   |  #532  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 316

1,049 posts
Just store the latest zip file on internal memory, boot into clockworkmod and flash it. You don't need to use the latest recovery image.

And developments not dead, just a bit slow and limited.

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk
9th May 2012, 03:58 AM   |  #533  
Thanks Meter: 101

748 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStormer

Hey, the newest Cm9 nightlies up the stream have some features that would be nice to add to our build. There's the return of the theme engine support and custom shortcuts on the lock screen. Not demanding, but it would be nice to have those features.

Sent from my Team A CM9 Alpha 0.03 Nook Tablet

If you look at the Epic CM9 log site they've already incorporated into another Beta 3 iteration.
9th May 2012, 07:33 AM   |  #534  
Thanks Meter: 127

494 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

I'm kinda confused by the flashing methods posted in the OP. I boot CWM via the SD no problem... but both the SD and Internal point to the same place (internal memory).

I can copy the rom to the internal rom and flash it... but wouldn't that overwrite itself? Also the recovery.img probably requires ADB but the instructions make no mention of how to do it on the Nook.

Also this forum seems kinda dead. Which is weird for such a "newer" tablet. Even RootzWiki's development section is empty.......

[EDIT]
Nevermind about the recovery.img, I forgot that the Nook requires a specifically formatted SD, which is probably what that is. I already have a CWM bootable imaged SD but seein' how there is an image paired with each rom, I'm assuming each one is required for that individual rom.

Just boot cwm (assuming you have the correct one for the 8GB / 16GB on the sd) and flash the zip. You'll be flashing it to the emmc when you do. Unless you did something else somewhere it shouldn't take any more than that.
9th May 2012, 11:32 AM   |  #535  
Thanks Meter: 9

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey

If you look at the Epic CM9 log site they've already incorporated into another Beta 3 iteration.

Link please ? Epic as in phone or Epic as in big? I tried searching for it and came up empty. I know the Theme Engine is working because I'm running CM9 on my GNex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
12th May 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #536  
Thanks Meter: 101

748 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helltoupee

Link please ? Epic as in phone or Epic as in big? I tried searching for it and came up empty. I know the Theme Engine is working because I'm running CM9 on my GNex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

My bad. Thought I was posting in my phone's forum, lol. Disregard my previous post.
12th May 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #537  
Flag The land of no-iPhones
Thanks Meter: 1,147

1,106 posts
More
I was wondering why you were talking about the Epic 4G touch development for a NT. Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my Team A CM9 Alpha 0.03 Nook Tablet
15th May 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #538  
Flag Washington State
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
More
Did the discussion for this thread move or is it just slow times right now?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesterdtm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2012, 04:21 AM   |  #539  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,407

1,526 posts
Unhappy I- I didn't mean to thank you, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterdtm

Did the discussion for this thread move or is it just slow times right now?

Crap. I didn't mean to thank you, I meant to hit the reply button-- (yes, things are moving and there should be more good news coming...)

On a development note, FYI I posted a TWRP 2.1 beta recovery in another thread, which uses the in-progress 3.x kernel. Demetris_I tested it and it seems to work (?).
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2012, 04:28 AM   |  #540  
Flag Southeast Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 106

815 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for making this NT8 compatible. I finally got my NT8 unbricked (used Meghd00t's new repart.img). I then flashed this ROM and it is working fine (after I found the Gapps on CM's wiki, and flashed them).
I am now dual-booting with the SD version of CM7a using the Cyanoboot included with this ROM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread