5,599,677 Members 45,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] [ROM] CM9 for Nook Tablet Alpha 0.06

Tip us?

player911
Old
(Last edited by player911; 9th May 2012 at 03:00 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 876

DONATE TO ME
I'm kinda confused by the flashing methods posted in the OP. I boot CWM via the SD no problem... but both the SD and Internal point to the same place (internal memory).

I can copy the rom to the internal rom and flash it... but wouldn't that overwrite itself? Also the recovery.img probably requires ADB but the instructions make no mention of how to do it on the Nook.

Also this forum seems kinda dead. Which is weird for such a "newer" tablet. Even RootzWiki's development section is empty.......

[EDIT]
Nevermind about the recovery.img, I forgot that the Nook requires a specifically formatted SD, which is probably what that is. I already have a CWM bootable imaged SD but seein' how there is an image paired with each rom, I'm assuming each one is required for that individual rom.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

Cubanluke88
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Just store the latest zip file on internal memory, boot into clockworkmod and flash it. You don't need to use the latest recovery image.

And developments not dead, just a bit slow and limited.

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Android Version: 4.1.2; AOKP Build 5

Device: Motorola Xoom WiFi
Android Version: 4.1.2; Eos Nightlies

Device: Samsung Moment
Android Version: 2.2.2; UberMoment 1.3.4

Other devices I am familiar with:

HP Touchpad | HTC Droid Incredible | Motorola Droid X | Motorola Photon | Nook Color | Nook Tablet

CapsLockKey
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStormer View Post
Hey, the newest Cm9 nightlies up the stream have some features that would be nice to add to our build. There's the return of the theme engine support and custom shortcuts on the lock screen. Not demanding, but it would be nice to have those features.

Sent from my Team A CM9 Alpha 0.03 Nook Tablet
If you look at the Epic CM9 log site they've already incorporated into another Beta 3 iteration.

Keithn
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911 View Post
I'm kinda confused by the flashing methods posted in the OP. I boot CWM via the SD no problem... but both the SD and Internal point to the same place (internal memory).

I can copy the rom to the internal rom and flash it... but wouldn't that overwrite itself? Also the recovery.img probably requires ADB but the instructions make no mention of how to do it on the Nook.

Also this forum seems kinda dead. Which is weird for such a "newer" tablet. Even RootzWiki's development section is empty.......

[EDIT]
Nevermind about the recovery.img, I forgot that the Nook requires a specifically formatted SD, which is probably what that is. I already have a CWM bootable imaged SD but seein' how there is an image paired with each rom, I'm assuming each one is required for that individual rom.
Just boot cwm (assuming you have the correct one for the 8GB / 16GB on the sd) and flash the zip. You'll be flashing it to the emmc when you do. Unless you did something else somewhere it shouldn't take any more than that.

Helltoupee
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey View Post
If you look at the Epic CM9 log site they've already incorporated into another Beta 3 iteration.
Link please ? Epic as in phone or Epic as in big? I tried searching for it and came up empty. I know the Theme Engine is working because I'm running CM9 on my GNex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus (CDMA) waiting on CM9

HTC Thunderbolt - CM7 - Sold
OG Droid - CM7 Prime kernel - semi retired
Moto Q9c - Gladly donated to US Troops

CapsLockKey
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helltoupee View Post
Link please ? Epic as in phone or Epic as in big? I tried searching for it and came up empty. I know the Theme Engine is working because I'm running CM9 on my GNex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
My bad. Thought I was posting in my phone's forum, lol. Disregard my previous post.

SilentStormer
Old
Thanks Meter 1147
I was wondering why you were talking about the Epic 4G touch development for a NT. Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my Team A CM9 Alpha 0.03 Nook Tablet
Android Enthusiast level 17
I write about tech stuff, do pixel art, and photography from time to time: http://adventuresofayoungnerd.tumblr.com
My Devices:
) Sprint Galaxy Nexus: The Experience Project Nightlies

Jesterdtm
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Did the discussion for this thread move or is it just slow times right now?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesterdtm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fattire
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4371
Unhappy I- I didn't mean to thank you, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterdtm View Post
Did the discussion for this thread move or is it just slow times right now?
Crap. I didn't mean to thank you, I meant to hit the reply button-- (yes, things are moving and there should be more good news coming...)

On a development note, FYI I posted a TWRP 2.1 beta recovery in another thread, which uses the in-progress 3.x kernel. Demetris_I tested it and it seems to work (?).
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raywaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for making this NT8 compatible. I finally got my NT8 unbricked (used Meghd00t's new repart.img). I then flashed this ROM and it is working fine (after I found the Gapps on CM's wiki, and flashed them).
I am now dual-booting with the SD version of CM7a using the Cyanoboot included with this ROM.