FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

How do I fix Dupliate Contacts on my G2X?

744 posts
Thanks Meter: 124
 
By EEngineer, Senior Member on 7th March 2012, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This just happened and I don't know how. all my contacts, all of them, in my G2X are duplicated.

A web search pulls up the only suggestion of "delete the duplicate contact". Duh. I've got 100+ contacts and I can't set aside one day to do that.

Oh, I've had the phone since October and the first thing I did was turn OFF sync with Google.

The only difference between the duplicates is that while I don't have birthdays in my contact list, now all contacts have a duplicate with a birthday of 00000000.

Any suggestions?
 
 
7th March 2012, 12:36 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 389
 
Donate to Me
More
Export in csv and remove the bday column. Re-import.

Sent via G2X-SINGH-UI
7th March 2012, 03:37 PM |#3  
EEngineer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Cool Dups
I spent an hour going through all my contacts and deleting. I'd still like to know how everything got duplicated.
8th March 2012, 02:01 AM |#4  
Волк's Avatar
Senior Member
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 541
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer

I spent an hour going through all my contacts and deleting. I'd still like to know how everything got duplicated.

Wow, you just wasted a ton of your time. Let's use a little deductive reasoning: gee my phone contacts are linked to my Gmail contacts, maybe if I go to my Gmail I can do something about all these duplicates. Oh, look a there, it has an option to detect duplicate contacts, and oh, it works perfectly.

Now, sarcasm aside, that's pretty much how it went when I had all my contacts get duplicated.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
8th March 2012, 03:59 PM |#5  
EEngineer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Cool Someone Needs a Lesson in Deductive Reasoning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Волк

Wow, you just wasted a ton of your time. Let's use a little deductive reasoning: gee my phone contacts are linked to my Gmail contacts, maybe if I go to my Gmail I can do something about all these duplicates. Oh, look a there, it has an option to detect duplicate contacts, and oh, it works perfectly.

Now, sarcasm aside, that's pretty much how it went when I had all my contacts get duplicated.

I like deductive reasoning. Hey, let's read my first post in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer

Oh, I've had the phone since October and the first thing I did was turn OFF sync with Google.

Gee, I wrote that my phone contacts aren't linked with Google. Oh, look, if I go to my GMail I'll see my contact list is empty. Oh, look a here, it means that my GMail account has nothing to do with this.

I like this deductive reasoning. Let's try another one! I deduce that you only read the last post in a thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to EEngineer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2012, 11:18 AM |#6  
KRAZYADROIDMASTER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Good answer's. Now I can fix my duplicate contacts.

THANKS

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes