Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 35,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WIP] Google Play Movies (Without root check)

Tip us?
 
Mister_Mxyzptlk
Old
#21  
Mister_Mxyzptlk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Posts: 649
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Well, Chainfire's new SuperSU let's Google Play Movies work perfectly.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
 
fards
Old
#22  
fards's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 734
Posts: 5,490
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Currently Reverse Engineering 42

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Mxyzptlk View Post
Well, Chainfire's new SuperSU let's Google Play Movies work perfectly.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Excellent I'll try that then
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?



Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.
 
Dane Bagley
Old
#23  
Dane Bagley's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 25
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Erie
I am using Xoom Ltd also and tried temporary unroot but play movies would still not work.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app
 
Mister_Mxyzptlk
Old
#24  
Mister_Mxyzptlk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Posts: 649
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Bagley View Post
I am using Xoom Ltd also and tried temporary unroot but play movies would still not work.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app
Try Chainfire's new SuperSU.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Mxyzptlk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Note_E
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 535
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Mxyzptlk View Post
Try Chainfire's new SuperSU.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Are all your root apps working with it? There are reports of some apps still requiring chainsdd superuser
 
Mister_Mxyzptlk
Old
#26  
Mister_Mxyzptlk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Posts: 649
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrix_E View Post
Are all your root apps working with it? There are reports of some apps still requiring chainsdd superuser
I haven't had any issues so far.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
 
Mister_Mxyzptlk
Old
#27  
Mister_Mxyzptlk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Posts: 649
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Okay. A minor issue with SuperSU and MobileODIN. I posted a fix in the SuperSU thread. Now how about a working apk?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
 
jeromepearce
Old
#28  
jeromepearce's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 664
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mackay
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAQK ROXSTAR View Post
I'm interested in this, super annoyed I can't take advantage of the 25 cent movie promo
We can't even get these movies in Oz. It's really annoying.
Living in the tropics and loving it
 
XevoX
Old
#29  
XevoX's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Mxyzptlk View Post
I haven't had any issues so far.
How were you able to get it to work? I "Disabled Superuser" in the SuperSU settings, cleared the cache for the Google Play Video app, restarted my phone, and I'm still getting "Failed to fetch license" when I try to play a movie.
 
Mister_Mxyzptlk
Old
#30  
Mister_Mxyzptlk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Posts: 649
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by XevoX View Post
How were you able to get it to work? I "Disabled Superuser" in the SuperSU settings, cleared the cache for the Google Play Video app, restarted my phone, and I'm still getting "Failed to fetch license" when I try to play a movie.
That's odd. Maybe I'll rent another movie tonight and check it out.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Moto G 4G Receives Official CyanogenMod 11 Love

When theMoto Gwas initially released to the world in November of last year,very few actually … more

Get Your Tasks Organized on Android Wear with Agenda Wear

Having a checklist of things you need to do is something we all can find useful at … more

Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more

Make Your Calendar Widget Beautiful with Month

For some of us, summer vacation is alreadyover. For those getting ready to school, work, or … more