Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

headphones help

Tip us?

kichoufumetsu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default headphones help

my G2x is acting weird. or it's acting like it should and i don't like it...one of the two. lol
either way, i'm a night time security guard, so i use headphones to listen to music and/or audiobooks while i'm working. thing is, i also use the alarm on my phone in 15 minute increments to make sure i'm awake. my alarm sound won't play through my headphones. and for some reason, my notification sounds play in my headphones AND my phone speaker.
q: is there a way to get ALL audio through the headphones instead? i fell asleep on shift the other night cause i didn't hear the alarm go off cause the phone was in my pocket while the headphones were in my ear.
please help.

kichoufumetsu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
no one knows?

theking_13
Old
Thanks Meter 1,467
Is this the first time its happened? Or has it always done this?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
Current
HTC One X

White Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

History
HTC G1>Motorola Cliq>HTC Mytouch Slide 3G>Blackberry 8900>LG G-Slate>Samsung Vibrant>LG G2x>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>AT&T HTC One X>AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Xoom>HTC G2>HTC Sensation>Meizu MX>T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Atrix HD>Asus TF101>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>HTC One S>Samsung Galaxy S2

*If I helped you, hit the Thanks button! *

fadownjoo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Try a different alarm app from the market? Ive never used one besides the stock one but its worth a try.

kichoufumetsu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking_13 View Post
Is this the first time its happened? Or has it always done this?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

For as long as ive had the phone. Im on stock 2.3 and rooted.
I'm using the alarm from the stock clock app.

theking_13
Old
Thanks Meter 1,467
That's the way the stock rom is. Download a CM7 based rom, I recommend EaglesBlood, and in CM Settings, you get an option to where to play ringtones, notifications, and alarms (either through speaker, headphones, or both).

Sent from my amazing LG G2x running Bionix Reloaded v1.4
Current
HTC One X

History
HTC G1>Motorola Cliq>HTC Mytouch Slide 3G>Blackberry 8900>LG G-Slate>Samsung Vibrant>LG G2x>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>AT&T HTC One X>AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Xoom>HTC G2>HTC Sensation>Meizu MX>T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Atrix HD>Asus TF101>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>HTC One S>Samsung Galaxy S2

The Following User Says Thank You to theking_13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Волк
Old
Thanks Meter 535

DONATE TO ME
lol, I should have looked at this thread sooner. I just had this happen on HFS (or rather just noticed it) and went, eeeeeewwwwwwwwww. Going to mention it to Hell and see what he things about trying to incorporate it in to the next ROM.
Remember guys: Волк = Volk (Google it for a translation)

Devices: G2x (sold), Nexus 7 32GB Wifi (bricked), Nexus 5

G2x AIO wipe tool 20 November, made with AROMA and includes AROMA File manager!

G2x AIO

New 29 Sept
AIO wipe tool O2x version

6 October
AIO wipe tool G2/DZ version

[Nexus 5 version available via pm, though haven't seen a need for it with this phone]

theking_13
Old
Thanks Meter 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Волк View Post
lol, I should have looked at this thread sooner. I just had this happen on HFS (or rather just noticed it) and went, eeeeeewwwwwwwwww. Going to mention it to Hell and see what he things about trying to incorporate it in to the next ROM.
There's not CM7 options in Hellfire? I've never used the rom except to see what last longer on my phone, EB won it for me.

Sent from my amazing LG G2x running Bionix Reloaded v1.4
Current
HTC One X

History