FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

[Q]Worth rooting?

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By sirhager, Junior Member on 7th March 2012, 03:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th March 2012, 08:00 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I think I may root once ICS is out. It will be my first time rooting though.. So I hope I can understand the tutorial perfectly
 
 
9th March 2012, 11:07 PM |#12  
sk806's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burhanistan

Not to knock that dev working on the tweaked ROMs for the 6800, but it doesn't seem worth the bother. Lots of bugs are being reported.

What bugs in RC2 may I ask? Just wanna know. Thanks.

Steve
10th March 2012, 11:30 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
I wouldn't worry about roms right now unless you are a power user since ICS is probably going to come out soon. but here some general reasons for rooting that I know of:

-Keep launcher in memory (so homescreen icons and widgets don't lag upon reload)
-To apply a theme to the notification bar at the bottom
-HoneyBar/HideBar to get true full-screen (my main reason)...This is arguably the most important reason to root since AMOLED screens have a tendency to burn-in. with your clock and controls there ALL the time, it's very possible that prolonged use at high brightness will burn it in. it happened to my first Samsung Vibrant within a couple of months
-Chainfire to get access to tegra games
-Ad Free to get rid of all in-app ads
-Back-up/restore for apps

if you care about any of these, rooting is super easy....if not, then dont worry about it
Last edited by bdroc; 10th March 2012 at 11:53 PM.
11th March 2012, 12:14 AM |#14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdroc

I wouldn't worry about roms right now unless you are a power user since ICS is probably going to come out soon. but here some general reasons for rooting that I know of:

-Keep launcher in memory (so homescreen icons and widgets don't lag upon reload)
-To apply a theme to the notification bar at the bottom
-HoneyBar/HideBar to get true full-screen (my main reason)...This is arguably the most important reason to root since AMOLED screens have a tendency to burn-in. with your clock and controls there ALL the time, it's very possible that prolonged use at high brightness will burn it in. it happened to my first Samsung Vibrant within a couple of months
-Chainfire to get access to tegra games
-Ad Free to get rid of all in-app ads
-Back-up/restore for apps

if you care about any of these, rooting is super easy....if not, then dont worry about it

can ad free get rid of the ads on the web as well?
11th March 2012, 12:42 AM |#15  
jimmbomb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torakun

I think I may root once ICS is out. It will be my first time rooting though.. So I hope I can understand the tutorial perfectly

Same here... I'll root it after a few weeks after we get the ICS OTA up-date...
2nd April 2012, 09:14 PM |#16  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Just rooted my Tab 7.7. I hope I don't regret it...

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium
3rd April 2012, 09:00 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K999rrl

can ad free get rid of the ads on the web as well?

I don't think so, usually the browser has a built-in ad block algorithm. The ad block generally only blocks Google ads.
4th April 2012, 09:34 AM |#18  
Member
Flag Bandar Seri Begawan
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
As long as you make a note of your official firmware, screen shoot perhaps, you can flash it back using Odin to get rid of root. Download it all now just in case the links stop working and to make sure it's actually available.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes