Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A Plea to all Devs (have a Non-BEATS audio version of your ROMS)

Tip us?

Master&Slave™
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2836

DONATE TO ME
I have it running via dsp manager so u can enable and disable

M&S

Join one of our groups by clicking the links below:

Facebook or Google+

Raistline
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB513 View Post
Download and run Darkside Digital Warfare. It does not have any of that extraneous crap baked into it. It will also be one of the best ROM's you will ever run as far as snappiness and battery life.
So far it is my favorite ROM. I put this plea out because I still love trying out new ROMS from time to time and playing music from my device at work and in my car is a MUST HAVE, CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT feature. And Beats Auido ruins that for me. If only one ROM ends out not having Beats then that limits me to just one viable choice. As other have replied, I am not the only one that thinks this way.

But yes, thank you for the recommendation of Darkside, I have a Nandroid backup for that ROM that I will go back to if I don't find another Daily.

mainmast2
Old
(Last edited by mainmast2; 9th March 2012 at 05:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Not sure if SlickMod 3.4 has Beats but DSP Manager wasn't in the base install. Simply installing DSP Manager from the market doesn't work. I to like clean sound and found a workaround with Root Toolbox Pro which has the option to install Cyanogen's DSP Manager, apparently at the system level. The quality coming thru a Bluetooth FM transmitter to my car stereo is as clean as a CD played directly from the player.

A golden app worth mega bucks would be one that would raise and lower the volume depending on surrounding noise. A pink noise generator to set the eq for varied conditions. Hi-end Alpine car stereos started having that option in the mid 80's. The SGS2 has the hardware needed.
Device: HTC Inspire
Device: Asus Transformers TF101
Device: G2X MIA
Devices: 3.5 HTC HD2's
Retired: HTC G1
Retired: Motorola A1200's

mainmast2
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I found that if the CPU Freq was set low when first starting an audio file, DSP Manager would crash when trying to change a setting and I would have to reboot.

Master&Slave™
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainmast2 View Post
I found that if the CPU Freq was set low when first starting an audio file, DSP Manager would crash when trying to change a setting and I would have to reboot.
Flash Paradox and noone will post in this thread again

M&S

Join one of our groups by clicking the links below:

Facebook or Google+

Docmjldds
Old
Thanks Meter 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistline View Post
So far it is my favorite ROM. I put this plea out because I still love trying out new ROMS from time to time and playing music from my device at work and in my car is a MUST HAVE, CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT feature. And Beats Auido ruins that for me. If only one ROM ends out not having Beats then that limits me to just one viable choice. As other have replied, I am not the only one that thinks this way.

But yes, thank you for the recommendation of Darkside, I have a Nandroid backup for that ROM that I will go back to if I don't find another Daily.
Why not just delete/disable the files that are required to make it work. Not the cleanest way to do things, but probably would kill the software from running, thus giving you what you want.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1440986
Scroll this page. There is one post with links. But instead of relying on a zip flash file, open up these files. Look inside specifically at what lib files or apk file in system are running and just delete them yourself.
Again, not the cleanest method of doing things. Or look for the references in build.prop. Most developers will annotate the build.prop file to specifically show some instances for the enhanced audio. Just simply try a quick edit and reboot to see that the audio is back to stock sound. Just a thought
Again, and I repeat this...Nandroid backup first. I don't need any blame on what I made you do
Retired Nexus One on T-MOB
Retired Sensation
Retired Galaxy S2
Retired Galaxy S3
Retired Galaxy S4

T-Mob SM-G900T Samsung Galaxy S5 <<<<<<The new kid on the block April 11,2014
Sandisk 64Gb Class 10
Not affiliated anymore with any ROM, Developer,
or anyone or anything that may be construed as
a base for Trolling