5,598,542 Members 44,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][HC/ICS/JB] GMD GestureControl ★ root

Tip us?

StupidIdea
Old
(Last edited by StupidIdea; 22nd February 2014 at 06:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1192

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][HC/ICS/JB] GMD GestureControl ★ root

GMD GestureControl allows you to control tablet or phone with MULTITOUCH gestures.
Root required.

Android Police: Top Android Apps Every Rooted User Should Know About

You can execute following default gestures:

Previous application: Swipe 4 right
Next application: Swipe 4 left
Show/Hide status bar: Swipe 4 fingers upward from bottom border (only paid version)
Back: Swipe 3 fingers from top downward
Home: Pinch 4 fingers
Launch Pad: Expand 4 fingers
Recent apps bar: Swipe 3 fingers upwards
Alt-tab: Tap 4 fingers twice

You can also create your own custom gestures and assign custom actions: LaunchPad, Start application, Home, Kill current application, Back, Forward, Recent application list, Recent application dialog, Menu, Notification Panel, Hide/Show status bar, Start launcher shorcut(bookmark, contacts, settings, etc), Start Tasker task, Pause gestures, Exit, Screen Off (lock), Previous application, Next application, Play/Pause music, Previous song, Next song.

If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

Market:
GMD Gesture Control Lite

Direct download:
Download - GMD Gesture Control Lite

- Where can I get full version?
Market: GestureControl

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
The Following 147 Users Say Thank You to StupidIdea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StupidIdea
Old
(Last edited by StupidIdea; 7th September 2013 at 01:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1192

DONATE TO ME
Default Development version

GMD Gesture Control 7.0.0 - beta
Changes:
- Graphical gestures - enabled
- UI update
- A lot of internal refactoring and other changes

Join GMD Beta Testing group then join Gesture Control beta (link inside group) and follow the instructions.

FEATURE PLAN

Planned for next release:
- Settings backup/restore
- Gestures export/import
- Gestures groups - full functionality is not defined yet, but it will be possible to export/import whole group. I think this will be helpful concept overall, for example I could add whitelist/blacklist for group, etc.
- App blacklist/whitelist for each custom gesture
- More starting zones
- Ending zones
- Gestures rejection when using S Pen on Note's.
- LaunchPad speed improvement
- Multilanguage - I will add a couple of languages that I speak, but will post message files and will update translation if community submit it.
- Status bar modes - status bar hiding is widespread in custom roms now and I will add option to select what method should be used: built-it, CM/Paranoid (where available), shortcuts (in case you have some other app that can do it), etc.
- Cycle LaunchPad app action - it will switch to next/previous app in LaunchPad.
- Remove killed app from recent apps
- Other fixes
- Disable gesture only in keyboard area
- Sound notification for gesture execution
- Stop/start GMD service shortcuts

Not decided if it makes to next version or later:
- Graphical gestures
- Lock screen gestures
- Extended LaunchPad actions - kill app, etc.
- GS Pad

Definitely won't make into next version but will be added in later versions:
- Volume/Brightness control

Other tasks (tasks that don't have plan, but will be added whenever I decide to work on it):
- Cut/Copy/Paste action
- Custom string "type" action
- Disable gestures when Notification window is open
- "Strict" starting zones - starting zone that consumes touch events immediately, it would effectively prevent interaction with running app when doing gesture from that zone, but would consume click events too (same like other applications that use overlays for triggers).
- Mobile data trigger action
- WiFi hot spot trigger action
- Flashlight trigger action
- Screenshot action
- Kill all apps action
- Detach LaunchPad items from LaunchPad position. I.e. allow to share same items in different LaunchPad positions, and allow to have multiple LaunchPad in same position.
- Custom Hold gesture timeout.
- Screenshot action
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to StupidIdea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

animatechnica
Old
Thanks Meter 145
will test this when i get home

but thinking something like this would be helpful when playing videos full screen - right and left for fast foreward/rewind, up/down for volume up and down, diagonal for brightness

another thought is for first person shooter games

and finally a gesture to toggle it on and standby

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidIdea View Post
I'm developing application that allows you to control tablet with gestures. Currently it allows to execute following gestures:

Back:
down - left

Home:
down - right

Show/Hide status bar:
up - right

Root access is needed. Tested on Honecomb. ICS not tested (hide bar definitely working only on Honycomb at the moment)

Please try it out and let me know what you think. What other features or actions would be helpful?

You can download it here:
market

The Following User Says Thank You to animatechnica For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chiauyih
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I'm developing application that allows you to control tablet with gestures. Currently it allows to execute following gestures:

Back:
down - left

Home:
down - right

Show/Hide status bar:
up - right

Root access is needed. Tested on Honecomb. ICS not tested (hide bar definitely working only on Honycomb at the moment)

Please try it out and let me know what you think. What other features or actions would be helpful?

You can download it here:
market

feature like I pad 2 like u put all ur finger and pinch and it will go from app to home

Dick Taid
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Doesn't seem to do anything, other than displaying the command onscreen (eg. back and home). I'm running CM9.

StupidIdea
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiauyih View Post
feature like I pad 2 like u put all ur finger and pinch and it will go from app to home
I'm considering multitouch. When I tried it, it felt a bit awkward for me, but I might add an option.
The Following User Says Thank You to StupidIdea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StupidIdea
Old
(Last edited by StupidIdea; 8th March 2012 at 06:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatechnica View Post
... and finally a gesture to toggle it on and standby
I think I can add gesture to turn off gestures till screen off. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Taid View Post
Doesn't seem to do anything, other than displaying the command onscreen (eg. back and home). I'm running CM9.
Thanks. I developed on 7.7 stock and tested on friends 10.1 stock, but I hope to get my hands on 10.1 for longer time (maybe next week) and try different firmwares.
CM9 not available for 7.7 unfortunately. But good to know that gestures are registered on ICS, so I think I can make it fully functional.
The Following User Says Thank You to StupidIdea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DEI11X
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I think I can add gesture to turn off gestures till screen off. Thanks.

Thanks. I developed on 7.7 stock and tested on friends 10.1 stock, but I hope to get my hands on 10.1 for longer time (maybe next week) and try different firmwares.
CM9 not available for 7.7 unfortunately. But good to know that gestures are registered on ICS, so I think I can make it fully functional.
Same issue for me with AOKP, gesture text shows up but nothing happens.. I think there is great potential with this, your work is much appreciated!

xuso
Old
Thanks Meter 242

DONATE TO ME
Really nice. But like the other, it shows the gesture, but nothing happens (CM9)

Would be awesome, like an iPad, 4 fingers swipe to change between recent apps

StupidIdea
Old
(Last edited by StupidIdea; 8th March 2012 at 10:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuso View Post
Really nice. But like the other, it shows the gesture, but nothing happens (CM9)

Would be awesome, like an iPad, 4 fingers swipe to change between recent apps
Changed gestures to multitouch, fixed bug that might prevent actions from execution (after gesture is detected and message shown).
However ICS still not supported (don't have device yet).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StupidIdea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
gestures, gmd, ipad, multitouch, status bar