Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Heimdall for Galaxy Player 5.0

OP ambrice

8th March 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58

71 posts
By request, I'm posting linux binary for my fork of Heimdall that seems to work on the Galaxy Player 5.0 USA:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lkwd4a4yo66k7at

It's just the heimdall binary, compiled on Ubuntu 11.10 32 bit. Recommend to install the latest released .deb to get all the dependencies worked out and then overwrite the /usr/bin/heimdall with this version. I don't have a Mac or Visual Studio to be able to compile Mac or Windows binaries..

Source is here:

https://github.com/ambrice/Heimdall
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ambrice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,855

13,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Time to update my flashing instructions.

Thanks for finding the fix! Heimdall's sources have always been voodoo black magic to me.
13th March 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 265

305 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks! I primarily use 64bit Linux, but on occasion I have to use an OS X machine at school.

Here's the binary for Mac OS X Lion. Users just need to be sure to have libusb 1.0 (methinks, maybe not).
Attached Files
File Type: zip heimdall.zip - [Click for QR Code] (41.0 KB, 55 views)
17th March 2012, 06:40 PM   |  #4  
Hey guys... if you can post a Windows binary and a linux64, I can fork Heimdall One-Click for use on the Galaxy Player. This way you guys can make one-click back-to-stock packages or one-click custom kernels.

However, you guys should contact Benjamin Dobell here on the forums to merge the changes upstream.
17th March 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 167

524 posts
More
That would be a great idea. I'm always fearful not to be able to go back to stock.

Sent from my YP-G70
18th March 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58

71 posts
Does anyone have other samsung devices they can test this heimdall on? It works better for galaxy players, but I'd like to make sure it doesn't break other things before merging.
18th March 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #7  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,855

13,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrice

Does anyone have other samsung devices they can test this heimdall on? It works better for galaxy players, but I'd like to make sure it doesn't break other things before merging.

I can try kernel flashing on my GS2 tomorrow.
19th March 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 563

842 posts
Donate to Me
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I am on it.

I've been quite busy lately so haven't had a lot of free time to properly investigate. I don't want to release a potentially breaking change (for non-Galaxy Player devices). So I'm trying to further investigate what the "partitionType" actually is by reverse engineering the bootloaders.
31st March 2012, 09:09 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 563

842 posts
Donate to Me
I've just officially released Heimdall 1.3.2 which addresses the issue. Heimdall should now be good to go with Galaxy Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Dobell

Heimdall 1.3.2 is now available. Here's the announcement and here are the download links.

Happy flashing!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread