[ROM] [ICS 4.0.4] JJ's HYBRID ROM v3.3b (HotUpdate) ROM Control | 12 Aug |

12th April 2012, 12:05 AM   |  #581  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
no music playing bug?
Hello jjdoctor

I'd like to report a bug. I have encountered it in v3 and now v4 and do not now the cause or the solution. (I never tried v1 or v2)

Symptom:

When trying to play music with the stock music player, no music is available or found on the SD card or playable. When pressing play, it opens the player, tries to start playing (black music screen) and responds with the message (in Dutch): "Muziek is gestopt" which would translates into "Music stopped or music has stopped or music stopped playing". The message can only be removed by pressing 'ok'. The player then closes and after a few seconds the same message pops up again. But no music.

It is possible to play music (for example through the filemanager) so the hardware is in order as far as I know.

In v3 I removed some services so I thought that was the cause. But in v4 the same thing happens and this time i did not thinker with anything (stock install with stock apps). Now the strange thing is: This 'bug' starts only after a few reboots. The first few times the music on the SD card is indexed correctly and plays fine with the stock player. But then suddely the stock player stops playing without a reason. In v3 I 'solved' it by trying a few non stock players. In Poweramp I could select the music dir manually so it played my music. But I would like to use the stock player so maybe you have a solution or tips for things I should check. Al the media indexer services are running fine.

Other than this bug I totally love v4!!! it's rock stable, very battery friendly and fast. so thumbs up for your hard work!
12th April 2012, 05:46 AM   |  #582  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 4,156

2,693 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

i will try find it .. wait a min, want to connect my usb

EDIT: supercharge in hw_config.sh ??!

EDIT2: 2G/3G fixed? cos after i flash v4(fixed) 2G/3G still not work

yup.. copied that from DoomLord and it seems to work.. I got 200mb with fresh install and then after isntallling my apps it got 180mb... give it a go .. wont harm.. just delete it if u dont like it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkabalo

+1

Can confirm this too.

Hmm.. I copied that Semcphone.apk from old ROm to try to get it working... cant check it since we dont have 3G...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogree

Hello jjdoctor

I'd like to report a bug. I have encountered it in v3 and now v4 and do not now the cause or the solution. (I never tried v1 or v2)

Symptom:

When trying to play music with the stock music player, no music is available or found on the SD card or playable. When pressing play, it opens the player, tries to start playing (black music screen) and responds with the message (in Dutch): "Muziek is gestopt" which would translates into "Music stopped or music has stopped or music stopped playing". The message can only be removed by pressing 'ok'. The player then closes and after a few seconds the same message pops up again. But no music.

It is possible to play music (for example through the filemanager) so the hardware is in order as far as I know.

In v3 I removed some services so I thought that was the cause. But in v4 the same thing happens and this time i did not thinker with anything (stock install with stock apps). Now the strange thing is: This 'bug' starts only after a few reboots. The first few times the music on the SD card is indexed correctly and plays fine with the stock player. But then suddely the stock player stops playing without a reason. In v3 I 'solved' it by trying a few non stock players. In Poweramp I could select the music dir manually so it played my music. But I would like to use the stock player so maybe you have a solution or tips for things I should check. Al the media indexer services are running fine.

Other than this bug I totally love v4!!! it's rock stable, very battery friendly and fast. so thumbs up for your hard work!

Noone complained abt music player in all these days... If u are not happy with then flash Sony music player Addon..
12th April 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #583  
Flag wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 10

123 posts
Donate to Me
More
Music works fine it finds all my music

sent from Xperia ray 4.0.3
12th April 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #584  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,136

1,642 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdoctor

yup.. copied that from DoomLord and it seems to work.. I got 200mb with fresh install and then after isntallling my apps it got 180mb... give it a go .. wont harm.. just delete it if u dont like it..

Hmm.. I copied that Semcphone.apk from old ROm to try to get it working... cant check it since we dont have 3G

its okay, thought u forgot to remove it before u make the rom.

i mean 2g/3g toggle. u can try by toggle it and see the 3g/2g change or not.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
12th April 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #585  
Flag Bagan Serai
Thanks Meter: 7

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

its okay, thought u forgot to remove it before u make the rom.

i mean 2g/3g toggle. u can try by toggle it and see the 3g/2g change or not.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

mine working's fine...
12th April 2012, 08:08 AM   |  #586  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 35

108 posts
More
Another bugtrack for this ROM.
When i try to change camera mode from photo to video, it changes, but nothing hapens then. It doesn't react on any touches and buttons.
12th April 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #587  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,136

1,642 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albagani

mine working's fine...

status bar widget? really?
12th April 2012, 09:28 AM   |  #588  
Flag Bagan Serai