5,606,409 Members 33,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apple topples to Samsung. No longer best selling OEM.

Tip us?

spc_hicks09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1378

DONATE TO ME
Default Apple topples to Samsung. No longer best selling OEM.

In a recent study by ComScore, it seems that Apple is on a very bad decline. The way things used to be were this:

Apple sold the most devices, Android was the most popular OS.

Now it seems Apple has even lost the title of most cell phones sold. Samsung is now the top dog in the mobile world and Android is STILL the most popular OS. This is not looking good for Apple. Not saying that I want Apple to crumble and fail though, as everyone knows, competition brings innovation and let's all be honest. Without Apple and the iOS, there is NO competition for Android.

Android OS dominates the Market:

Samsung dominates OEM sales:
Team Rage is Recruiting Developers and Themers!! Send me a PM if you are interested!
Current Device: VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i605)
VZW Note 2 Developer

ozymandiaz
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Apple never sold more total phones than samsung. Apple has the single phone that sells the most, and they still do. Your graphic even shows that Apple is gaining in overall slice of the mobile pie vs Samsung. (Sammy shows a -.1 drop, while Apple shows a +2 gain over the same period of time...) So don't worry, competition is alive and well, until Apple gets a patent for that too. =P

JetBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 107
I personally hate Apple so this makes me feel good owning an Android device.

drt054
Old
Thanks Meter 151
#Like
iCrap sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

覧覧覧覧覧
"The day is coming.. Armageddon's near.. Inferno's coming.. Can we survive the BLITZKREIG?" - Metallica

smokedkill
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozymandiaz View Post
Apple never sold more total phones than samsung. Apple has the single phone that sells the most, and they still do. Your graphic even shows that Apple is gaining in overall slice of the mobile pie vs Samsung. (Sammy shows a -.1 drop, while Apple shows a +2 gain over the same period of time...) So don't worry, competition is alive and well, until Apple gets a patent for that too. =P
+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA