other 1 1.41%
crap 3 4.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

[MIiui.us]MIUI/ICS port [unlocked] 5/19/2012

Tip us?

DssTrainer
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Finding moments of extreme lag... to the point where I have to remove the battery to reboot. Then after reboot it is fine for a while. Usually happens when switching between launchers.
Camera works
Camcorder is lagged to death, just like all the CM9 roms
Not sure why 3G AND 1x AND wifi are always showing at the same time, but it seems to work regardless.
Other than that, it is quite good.

Th3Bill
Old
Thanks Meter 8,978

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncfan44 View Post
hey im sure this has been address, i searched for it and found 48 enteries and after giong through them i didnt c, but that could b because i often miss things lol... any how; every app gives me the app to large do on wifi message... how do i disable this?

on good note, rom is super smooth, i am on newest version with no reboots, freezes or ne thing. i can second temple run issues, but screen is mostly very responsive!! occasional BT disconnects when im connected to my jambox, but have had that on every non blur based rom.
To disable file download warning, go to the multi icon folder on main screen and pick downloads. Press menu button and select settings. You can set the limit to 10mb (highest setting), and it won't warn you until you exceed that...which isn't often for most users.

Game issues are due to the base we built on not having 2d libs....they seemed to Bork other things. I'm going to look into bt thing...may be kernel issue.

Glad u like the rom. We're working hard at it

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Current Device: HTC One - Sprint
Past Devices: Motorola Photon, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Infuse, Sprint Optimus G
The Following User Says Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cdrice15
Old
Thanks Meter 30
The emmc zip isn't working for me. Everything is still going to SD card. I'm on turls miui.

Sent from my Electrified CM9 android

Th3Bill
Old
Thanks Meter 8,978

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrice15 View Post
The emmc zip isn't working for me. Everything is still going to SD card. I'm on turls miui.

Not sure why...I may have to check other areas to change that setting...may be something in the parts from Turl CM9 causing issue...not totally sure, as I've been working primarily on Joker MIUI. Sorry that's not much help

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer View Post
Finding moments of extreme lag... to the point where I have to remove the battery to reboot. Then after reboot it is fine for a while. Usually happens when switching between launchers.
Camera works
Camcorder is lagged to death, just like all the CM9 roms
Not sure why 3G AND 1x AND wifi are always showing at the same time, but it seems to work regardless.
Other than that, it is quite good.
3G1X is a strange bug that is MIUI caused. It seems to be almost universal with the EVDO/CDMA phones (Sprint). If you look back a few pages, XCell posted some screenshots from the Evo build.
Most lag is going to be from lack of 2d libs. We went with what seemed like the most stable Joker CM9 for a base (0.4.1). We tried 0.4.2, but there were other bugs we felt weren't what we were looking for.
Camcorder is due to not having proper libs and set up for it, as currently there are no Photon ICS libs. Joker and a bunch of us are working on trying to find a way to get the Xoom libs to work (due to using similar stagefright structure for cameras), but it's a lot of guesswork, as the programs to edit some of the files cost over $500 bucks for a SINGLE USER basic license. It will get better with time

cdrice15
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Does it work on jokers miui?

Th3Bill
Old
Thanks Meter 8,978

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Does it work on jokers miui?

Camera still saves to SD. I'm going to have to look further into this. I know that I am able to SEE the pics from my EMMC on the gallery...not sure if the camera save issue is an APK issue or the settings issue...I'll work on it. Might be tonight before a fix...my only day off work today, and I have my kiddies I would love to see if I can port the "switch" from CM9 to our build.

cdrice15
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Bill View Post
Camera still saves to SD. I'm going to have to look further into this. I know that I am able to SEE the pics from my EMMC on the gallery...not sure if the camera save issue is an APK issue or the settings issue...I'll work on it. Might be tonight before a fix...my only day off work today, and I have my kiddies I would love to see if I can port the "switch" from CM9 to our build.
Yeah i know the camera does. I was testing it with zedge and everything was saving to sd card. I was looking around miui us for something on this and ran across this rom for the atrix. It says that the default in it is emmc.
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php...23-(25-03-2012)

If i knew what to look for besides the stuff in vold.fstab I would see if i could find it. But all ever done with this file is change one number that had to be changed in a previous joker cm9 build.

uncfan44
Old
Thanks Meter 6
thanks a bunch that warning was driving me nuts lol. and the temple run issue isnt major to me just thought i'd mention it. i dont find time for games often so if its not perfect such is life lol. the BT thing is annoying... i figured out a work around... i just turn of bt and then power down my jambox.. turn on bt then power jambox back on and it usually works! annoying maybe work very workable.

Th3Bill
Old
(Last edited by Th3Bill; 28th March 2012 at 04:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8,978

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah i know the camera does. I was testing it with zedge and everything was saving to sd card. I was looking around miui us for something on this and ran across this rom for the atrix. It says that the default in it is emmc.
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php...23-(25-03-2012)

If i knew what to look for besides the stuff in vold.fstab I would see if i could find it. But all ever done with this file is change one number that had to be changed in a previous joker cm9 build.
I think issue is in framework (much like reboot options were) I'm going to try to edit in the use internal option joker has in cm9. May take a bit, but I think I can do it.
Going to look at that atrix thing this afternoon or evening.

The Following User Says Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Th3Bill
Old
(Last edited by Th3Bill; 28th March 2012 at 04:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8,978

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncfan44 View Post
thanks a bunch that warning was driving me nuts lol. and the temple run issue isnt major to me just thought i'd mention it. i dont find time for games often so if its not perfect such is life lol. the BT thing is annoying... i figured out a work around... i just turn of bt and then power down my jambox.. turn on bt then power jambox back on and it usually works! annoying maybe work very workable.
I'm gonna work on editing some of the by fixes from peetr into the kernel I'm using (edited in adb already) to see if u can improve bt. Gonna work on that and the use internal menu. With any luck, I'll have both for this week's new drop. If j make fixes, I'll make flash zips for now.

I'm also trying to help joker on the video cam issues.

I read all the posts on here and am working hard to get everything you guys like built in...thanks for being patient.

Btw over 16 hrs on battery still have 37%

Tags
cm9, miui, miui photon, miui/ics, motorola photon
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe