5,604,507 Members 46,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[rom] miui v4 ics (updated - better one!!!)

Tip us?

shri080
Old
(Last edited by shri080; 8th March 2012 at 08:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Great work Zuk !! the ROM is pretty smooth and as mentioned all the major features work. few quick observations ( donno if this was already mentioned in edowar's post)

1) Headset is not connecting. But i was able to connect my headset through a bluetooth device. but if you connect it directly it wont detect.

2) When i enable mobile data the status of the data in the status bar is overlapping on the signal status.

3) The music widget is not working. It says application is not installed. Did not try installing a 3rd party app though. And also there was something called as toggle headset under widgets which did not work. (donno what is that suppose to do).

4) I was disappointed to see that there is no option to set the battery indicator to percentage under battery settings which is one of the features i loved in MIUI.

5) and forgot to mention Haptic feedback is not working.

But the volume problem i had in the previous ROM seems to be fine now i think i can live wid out the camera for some time ( i am kinda surprised to be missing the camera on the phone as i am a professional photographer my self :P )

so thats about it. I think i will stick on to this ROM for now but i badly need the headset connection to be fixed. Please do something abt it Zuk Thanks for this wonderful ROM. Keep up the great work !!

Cheers,
Shri

zukriaksah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shri080 View Post
Great work Zuk !! the ROM is pretty smooth and as mentioned all the major features work. few quick observations ( donno if this was already mentioned in edowar's post)

1) Headset is not connecting. But i was able to connect my headset through a bluetooth device. but if you connect it directly it wont detect.

2) When i enable mobile data the status of the data in the status bar is overlapping on the signal status.

3) The music widget is not working. It says application is not installed. Did not try installing a 3rd party app though. And also there was something called as toggle headset under widgets which did not work. (donno what is that suppose to do).

4) I was disappointed to see that there is no option to set the battery indicator to percentage under battery settings which is one of the features i loved in MIUI.

5) and forgot to mention Haptic feedback is not working.

But the volume problem i had in the previous ROM seems to be fine now i think i can live wid out the camera for some time ( i am kinda surprised to be missing the camera on the phone as i am a professional photographer my self :P )

so thats about it. I think i will stick on to this ROM for now but i badly need the headset connection to be fixed. Please do something abt it Zuk Thanks for this wonderful ROM. Keep up the great work !!

Cheers,
Shri
for overlap signal status, pls when u apply any theme, disable theme status bar, make it default.

headset - i faced this problem in many gb roms i ported, if i can fix it, maybe i can fix fm radio for miui too :)

others let we fix together

elol
Old
Thanks Meter 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukriaksah View Post
for overlap signal status, pls when u apply any theme, disable theme status bar, make it default.

headset - i faced this problem in many gb roms i ported, if i can fix it, maybe i can fix fm radio for miui too :)

hye zuk you a god to port some rom..gud work frend:)

shri080
Old
(Last edited by shri080; 8th March 2012 at 11:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukriaksah View Post

Hmm.... hopefully it will be fixed soon and one more bug Wifi wont connect directly when i click on the wifi icon. Every time i have to go to the wifi settings and click on connect. any fix for this? and also any way to bring back the battery percentage option?

EDIT : weird but now the wifi connects when i click on the Wifi icon.

zukriaksah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NisseDILLIGAF View Post
I started to play around with an idea that was talked about earlier in this thread...

Panorama Background Image

Its not very nice looking yet...

Maybe someone can help me with some thing I'm having trouble with..?

Is there a limit on how big a QTC1 image can be?
now I have it 512x512... (I'm stretching it)
and when I try to make it bigger(wider) it only shows as white..

I would like to have a qtc image that is 1000 x 512 (or something like that)

I 'linked' the background image to the instance "iconTrayRoot"
and moved the icons(and image) to the back...

But now the menu icons are behind the 'page' ...

And as you know ... you can only run an instance once...
So if I call the instance again in front... It wont work..

Anyone have any ideas on how to run an instance more than once?

Ive attached the mode9 and qtc files here, if anyone wants to have a look..

EDIT
Ok I managed to make a panorama qtc image (1024x512)
But When I try to show it in TF3D, It's only white
I've attached the panorama qtc
:) when i say its working, i mean its working, as usual! maybe sometimes its delay, but just for a few 2nd

Sent from my u9000 using xda premium

shri080
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Is TB working? it does not seem to be working for me

mertzi
Old
Thanks Meter 91
touchscreen didn't work at first but I saw it was Edowars kernel so I figured that the touchscreen fix for his CM9 should work, and it did. So if you don't have working touchscreen flash this from recovery

http://www.4shared.com/zip/AQ2W19ym/...chscreen.html?

and also this to get correct softkeys

http://www.4shared.com/zip/oCNtH3rN/...-softkey.html?

the rom works ok, I had 2 crashes that led to reboot. Wifi works. The launcher is not that smooth. anyways overall OK! good work!

vivekb
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 553
Zuk yesterday I have tried your ROM, it was pretty smooth and love to use it for long time but without camera I cant......

Meanwhile initially also you have faced same problem with Headset and at that time COWSGO helped you, is same way if some one from developer side help you to solve headset problem then we may get RADIO FM over this phone....

overall great work ZUK

Free Radical
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Yep. Worked fine oob for me too, but returned to 2.2.3 as I need 2wcr.
The theme issue is there as mentioned.
Would love to keep this 24x7 if there is a custom kernel with 2wcr and overclocking/undervolting support

tech4pk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Friends,

As I'm very new to this, would you please help me on the instructions? I am already on CM7 on my Spice MI 410 (this install was helped by my friend).