Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 52,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Tip us?

xplus93
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelano View Post
This is an accepted bug in CM9 and there is an issue tracker created for it (so it is in the queue to be fixed)

You can track the progress of this item here:
http://code.google.com/p/epiccm/issu...=156&q=headset
Can anybody confirm the file edit described works?

|| Acer ||
Old
Thanks Meter 530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplus93 View Post
Can anybody confirm the file edit described works?
http://code.google.com/p/epiccm/issu...=156&q=headset
+1 to this. Anyone try this?

steelers_exe
Old
Thanks Meter 1,215

DONATE TO ME
Anybody else getting something like this? happens when the phone is left alone, i come back and check it and notice that it rebooted on its own. any idea what it could be, or how i could find out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-02-00-57-20.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	978096  

wtogami
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,091

DONATE TO ME
Default Experimental Kernel saves 7MB RAM

Epic CM Team Blog: Test Feedback Needed: Experimental Kernel saves 7MB RAM

noobnl found a simple hack that reduces the kernel framebuffer memory, giving 7MB to userspace on Epic 4G. We need your help to determine what this change actually does. Please test and report ANYTHING different.
Follow the CM teams for the latest news of Android 4 ICS development!
CyanogenMod Epic 4G: [Google+][Facebook]
CyanogenMod Epic 4G Touch: [Google+][Facebook]
CyanogenMod Sprint Galaxy S III: [Google+] [Facebook] NEW!

pjames
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123 View Post
Bad download of the tar or bad cable. Get a thick blackberry cable and redownload the tar file.
lol thanks but that happened a long time ago.

bigfan2232
Old
(Last edited by bigfan2232; 2nd April 2012 at 03:16 PM.) Reason: Ignore sig info. I have the epic 4g
Thanks Meter 13
I am new to CM9 but I was able to successfully load CM9 to my phone. However my root access seems to break. When I try to use app requiring root access, superuser automatically denies it. Root was working fine before CM9. I tried going to back to stock, updating to EL30 and rooting again. Root worked fine until i went to CM9. Is this expected behavior?

Also I have seen several post where users reported that sprint visual voicemail works on CM9. How do I enable this as I do not see the app?

Thanks for all your help and please forgive my ignorance. I tried to find the answers myself on the thread before posting.
T-mobile Note 3

slimpyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_exe View Post
Anybody else getting something like this? happens when the phone is left alone, i come back and check it and notice that it rebooted on its own. any idea what it could be, or how i could find out?
now, i get alot of random reboots a day. During the day i use my phone about a total of 2 hours give or take. the phone will reboot at least once a day.

The newest type of reboot is where it shows the boot screen, but the phone is still "on". i can get notif tones, and turn the screen on and off.

Im using juice defender ultimate, and im not sure if that is the culprit. My GF is using alpha2, and gets far less reboots then I. and Im on beta1

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemt View Post
Thicker cables allow more 0s and 1s to pass through without getting caught on the sides.
lol wut?

kvan1707
Old
(Last edited by kvan1707; 2nd April 2012 at 04:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtogami View Post
Epic CM Team Blog: Test Feedback Needed: Experimental Kernel saves 7MB RAM

noobnl found a simple hack that reduces the kernel framebuffer memory, giving 7MB to userspace on Epic 4G. We need your help to determine what this change actually does. Please test and report ANYTHING different.

Working great so far. I'm running benchmarks and stress tests to see if it fails or hangs up. Will edit when I've had more time to mess with it.

sent from my Evo Killer running CM9 ICS

sonarchist
Old
(Last edited by sonarchist; 2nd April 2012 at 04:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfan2232 View Post
I am new to CM9 but I was able to successfully load CM9 to my phone. However my root access seems to break. When I try to use app requiring root access, superuser automatically denies it. Root was working fine before CM9. I tried going to back to stock, updating to EL30 and rooting again. Root worked fine until i went to CM9. Is this expected behavior?

Also I have seen several post where users reported that sprint visual voicemail works on CM9. How do I enable this as I do not see the app?

Thanks for all your help and please forgive my ignorance. I tried to find the answers myself on the thread before posting.
Have you tried using a terminal emulator?

DL emulator fr Play Store, open it, then type:

su
superuser yes
exit

If not familiar w/ emulator, post back for clearer instructions.

Once done w/ emulator.........from your homescreen, try those apps again........if still no go, try DL'ing/running a newer version of superuser fr the Play Store............then try your scripts once more.

.............*edit: if you feel you're losing su from CM9 install, go to toadlife's CleanGB thread + find his CleanGB_MTD 1.0.4 kernel (or one of his BML/MTD kernels: it fixes proper support for reboot to recovery), then flash it onto your Stock BML from Odin.........when you install CM9 again su should stick.

..........sent from today's android = 4.0.4
▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓│CULTURE│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│STOP SOPA│▓│POLITICS│▓▓│STOP PIPA│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│CULTURE│▓STOP ACTA▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓

Ignorance1
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Does volume rocker only go straight to silent now? No vibrate before silent? if so is there a work around to get it back