No registration required

WAREZ Thread open for Discussion.

OP colossus

16th April 2012, 10:53 AM   |  #41  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 428

1,592 posts
More
Well, seriously I think most of the warez threads and posts is mainly due to thanks meter. I don't know what joy these noobs get by filling the thanks meter. Seriously they think that posting links of paid apps will fetch them more thanks. Due to this also many a times spam thread are made which results in bloating of general section and theme section. They just make threads and threads about unuseful stuff just for thanks. I don't say sharing is bad. Making thread about some useful or good stuff is fine but why spam. I think you people should add something like -1 or thumbs down button which cancels the thanks count. This could seriously decrease some amount of trolls and spammers as no one would like a -ve meter. If noobs are so mad in getting thanks they would then also be afraid of getting negative meter.
The Following User Says Thank You to nishanty13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #42  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 345

1,042 posts
Donate to Me
More
and wouldn't trolls just spam the negative button on people they dislike?
16th April 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #43  
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,596

4,598 posts
More
Maybe give that to people with 500+ posts...not to all...

Sent from my g-fit using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to a.cid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 11:40 AM   |  #44  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 40

144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus

ok, i think things will be better when we a Q&A forum, at least it will be organised chaos then.

I think, then you need a method to get the posts even in this forum and not in e.g. dev-forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.cid

You mean, the number of posts is a sign / measure of quality? I dont think so in general, look at some threads in dev-forum. It would start a running to collect postcountings with "when comes update", "Yeah", "Gr8", ..., and Q's without searching - like already now.
22nd April 2012, 12:54 PM   |  #45  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 50

308 posts
More
Quote:

Its a pretty good suggestion.
Maybe give it to people with 50+ thanks.
That would solve the quality of posts problem mentioned by Martin.

Sent from my Galaxy Fit @ Creed's Rom 3.0
22nd April 2012, 01:34 PM   |  #46  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 428

1,592 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsearulz5

Its a pretty good suggestion.
Maybe give it to people with 50+ thanks.
That would solve the quality of posts problem mentioned by Martin.

Sent from my Galaxy Fit @ Creed's Rom 3.0

Yeah, 50+ post will be a good option. And I think a ban or infraction should be provided if the count hit too much -ve ( eg. -30~-40 ).
22nd April 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #47  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 40

144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishanty13

Yeah, 50+ post will be a good option. And I think a ban or infraction should be provided if the count hit too much -ve ( eg. -30~-40 ).

No, imo, the run for collecting thanks would start also - resp. the number of thanks !could also have to say nothing about quality - see actuallity.
22nd April 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #48  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 740

1,194 posts
Donate to Me
More
i think idea about -ve meter and this power being only given to members with 50+ thanks is very nice...........negative meter can be upto some point and then after that his account gets banned.........

mod should really consider this one..........
22nd April 2012, 02:23 PM   |  #49  
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,596

4,598 posts
More
hmmm... i have another suggestion...
currently, every sub-forum (for eg, our fit's) has a single moderator...
but its practically impossible for any mod to read each and every post, to find if someone's breaking rules in any way...
and afaik, all mods currently handle atleast 2-3 sub-forums...

so, why not make a committee of "sub-moderators", consisting maybe 4-5 ACTIVE members of a sub-forum...they co-ordinate with the moderator and each other, have a few powers as well as responsibility, and their powers and responsibilities are restricted to their sub-forum only...not whole of xda...

this actually has potential, but again, like every other thing in the world, it does have its own limitations...

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

and regarding the -ve meter, mods should have the power as to who should have access to it, and who shouldnt...(i mean not everyone should be able to press the -ve button, unlike the thanks meter button)
22nd April 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #50  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 345

1,042 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

hmmm... i have another suggestion...
currently, every sub-forum (for eg, our fit's) has a single moderator...
but its practically impossible for any mod to read each and every post, to find if someone's breaking rules in any way...
and afaik, all mods currently handle atleast 2-3 sub-forums...

so, why not make a committee of "sub-moderators", consisting maybe 4-5 ACTIVE members of a sub-forum...they co-ordinate with the moderator and each other, have a few powers as well as responsibility, and their powers and responsibilities are restricted to their sub-forum only...not whole of xda...

this actually has potential, but again, like every other thing in the world, it does have its own limitations...

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

and regarding the -ve meter, mods should have the power as to who should have access to it, and who shouldnt...(i mean not everyone should be able to press the -ve button, unlike the thanks meter button)

I completely agree with you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aspire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread