[APP][1.6+] Wifi Timer - A scheduler for Wifi on your android

8th March 2012, 02:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bonn
Thanks Meter: 16

14 posts
More
Hello android fans,
I have just released the "Wifi Timer" app which I personally developed.

Wifi Timer is a free to use android application to ensure that the Wifi on your device starts and stops automatically, whenever you want it to

If you're not using a Wifi connection all day, why keep it active and searching for a network all day?

Use this app to specify when you want your Wifi connection to start and stop, saving you some battery life and saving you from using your mobile data plan when you could use a Wifi connection instead

Try it out. It is simple, ad free and free to use.

Some snapshots:

Here is the download link (on Google Play/Android Market):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.wifitimer

Do feel free to ask me about any issues, questions or feature requests. I hope you really like the app.

Have fun!
Zeiger Apps
Last edited by zeigerapps; 11th March 2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Inserting snapshots, putting download URL inside the URL tag
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zeigerapps For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #2  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 32

259 posts
More
Gave it a try. Seems to work alright. Handy for someone with predictable a 9-5 job and no wifi at work.

But I can do the same thing with AutomateIt, which I already paid for, so I'll probably continue to use that (no offense). But for someone who doesn't feel like setting that up manually I imagine this would work pretty well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aganar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bonn

14 posts
More
Thanks for trying it out Aganar.

I have also been a user of AutomateIt, but it was just too confusing for me, so I stopped using it (that is just my view, others may like it!).

I was looking for a simple wifi only app (no APN etc.) where I could select days and set multiple schedules for different days, times. I did find a few other apps (many even with the same name, Wifi Timer!) but none had the functionality that I was looking for, or they did but I didn't like the UI. So I decided to go ahead and make it myself

Thanks for your input. If you decide to use it and want any more features, just let me know!
8th March 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #4  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 32

259 posts
More
I'm 100% behind the DIY mentality (I have at least three program ideas in my head I'm going to write one of these days when I get off my ass and learn Java), and I wish you the best of luck. I just don't like a million programs running on my phone with cross purposes, and if I've got one already running that can do what I want (particularly one I paid for the Pro version of), it seems prudent to continue using that one.
9th March 2012, 03:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bonn

14 posts
More
I agree
Sometimes I wonder, how much someone would be willing to pay for a simple app like mine...
9th March 2012, 10:13 PM   |  #6  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,319

7,830 posts
More
I miss a landscape "version".
10th March 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bonn

14 posts
More
Noted. Will support both modes in the next release.
11th March 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 13

126 posts
More
Bah, was going to make the same app with the same name. Already had the project started, just no time to finish :P

I will give yours a try though, hopefully will help my battery even more.

By the way, if you make this a bit more advanced, you will definitely be able to make money off it, especially if you market it as a battery saver
Last edited by sipjca; 11th March 2012 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Added By The Way
The Following User Says Thank You to sipjca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2012, 03:34 AM   |  #9  
Flag Gävle
Thanks Meter: 85

396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeigerapps

Hello android fans,
I have just released the "Wifi Timer" app which I personally developed.

Wifi Timer is a free to use android application to ensure that the Wifi on your device starts and stops automatically, whenever you want it to

If you're not using a Wifi connection all day, why keep it active and searching for a network all day?

Use this app to specify when you want your Wifi connection to start and stop, saving you some battery life and saving you from using your mobile data plan when you could use a Wifi connection instead

Try it out. It is simple, ad free and free to use.

Here are some snapshots and the download link (on Google Play/Android Market):

Do feel free to ask me about any issues, questions or feature requests. I hope you really like the app.

PS: I am new to the xda-developers community (just created an account). I do plan to be a very active member. This is my first post, so kindly excuse the fact that I put my apps download link inside the "QUOTE" tag. As soon as I have some reputation, I will change it to the "URL" tag and insert some snapshots of the app right here.

Have fun!
Zeiger Apps

Nice keeping it Ad-free !
Posted on my blog.

Cheers !
The Following User Says Thank You to blorro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #10  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
More
I love it, works great, my work is super strict with using your phone. However I would love to see additional features like turn on GPS, Bluetooth, and data based on timers.

For example, since i can't get away with using my phone, i really dont need anything besides edge at work. But going to work and home, I would love to have Bluetooth on so it connects with my car. And when I am at home, I just need wifi.

I almost thought about dimming the display also for night time, in my house i dont need the screen super bright as i dont usually have may lights on, and allowing me to dim it based on time would be fantastic. And just to make it more in line with others, ability to mute, and turn volume up or down would be good.

Great work, i love it, very clean ui. Love to see more.

The Following User Says Thank You to auiotour For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread