Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google Play Update?

OP Torrential91

8th March 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 17

56 posts
More
I know it's not absolutely necessary, but is there any way to update the Market to Google Play on the NT? Would it be as simple as sideloading an apk?

I realize the Market will probably function fine without the update, I'm simply curious.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nook Tablet using (((sonicboom)))
8th March 2012, 03:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I couldn't get my marketplace to work after Play came out, and I updated using an .apk, and it still wouldn't work. I kept getting the window that said something about needing to tie it to my google account, and when I clicked "Yes" to do that, it kicked me back out of the app.
8th March 2012, 06:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrential91

I know it's not absolutely necessary, but is there any way to update the Market to Google Play on the NT? Would it be as simple as sideloading an apk?

I realize the Market will probably function fine without the update, I'm simply curious.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nook Tablet using (((sonicboom)))

My market updated itself to Google play two days ago automatically. Everything is working as normal. I am on CM7 alpha12 though, but I would assume it would also update on the stock rom. Maybe you can go into market and do a check for updates and it will update market app

sent from my Nook Tablet 16GB Cyanogenmod alpha
8th March 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #4  
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 30

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
My market just updated, but only after I cleared the market app's cache AND data. I had tried clearing the cache only, and it didn't update. After I cleared cache, data, and force stopped the app; when I started market again it updated to "play store".

Side note: I couldn't stand looking at the new logo, so I edited the shortcut on the desktop to display the "correct" Android market logo.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk
9th March 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #5  

15 posts
mine updated a few days ago as well, no issues.

NT 1.4.0 OTA blocked.
9th March 2012, 10:24 PM   |  #6  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 616

2,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mine updated, but today it doesn't want to open for some reason... Gonna try a reboot and hope for the best!

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk
16th March 2012, 06:10 AM   |  #7  

1 posts
Can't open Android market/Google Play app
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlySedai

I couldn't get my marketplace to work after Play came out, and I updated using an .apk, and it still wouldn't work. I kept getting the window that said something about needing to tie it to my google account, and when I clicked "Yes" to do that, it kicked me back out of the app.

I am getting the same error of "You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now?" and when I click on "Yes" or "No", it closes the app. Anyone have a fix? Already tried uninstall/reinstalling, clearing all cache, etc, and force stop...nothing.
20th March 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

46 posts
Are you installing a new google play apk or the old market? Everytime i installed gapps after foashing a rom, the market just updated itself to google plau without putting my account info back in.

sdent from my Nook Tablet 16GB Cyanogenmod alpha
20th March 2012, 10:24 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 16

133 posts
More
I'm running 1.4.1 rooted and it auto updated to Google Play a few days ago and I never had a problem. Market continued normally for me.
20th March 2012, 10:42 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 125

321 posts
More
Only just started this, but it force closes when updating or downloading. Uninstalled through Titanium. Reinstalled an old APK, updated; no dice! Anyone else getting this? It seems that only updating or downloading forces the crash, browsing isn't a problem.

[edit] I think Google is having issues with the Market, tapping HELP takes me to this page;

(update) I do apologise, I must attempt all possibilities before requesting assistance. If this happens to anyone else, have you installed Adfree Android? If so, this was my problem. I fixed this by reverting it's settings and uninstalling.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Last edited by aRc.; 21st March 2012 at 12:12 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread