FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Help a new Sensation owner choose a rom :)

515 posts
Thanks Meter: 30
 
By bradmax57, Senior Member on 8th March 2012, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi just got my sensation today to replace my aging Desire

Ive already S-OFF and rooted the handset and installed clockwork mod recovery but have no idea which rom to try. Ideally I want an ICS rom but need one that fully works, the main thing I need is a fully working camera (unlike the ones on the desire) if there is such a rom not too bothered about sense although it is nice, but I quite like the look and feel of ASOP ICS too

I know I need to flash a new firmware on my handset before flashing an ICS rom, failing that what about any GB roms?
 
 
8th March 2012, 07:01 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 235
 
Donate to Me
More
ARHD has good ICS and Gingerbread ROM's. Everything works with them.

There's plenty others like RCMix too.
8th March 2012, 07:24 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0zmic

ARHD has good ICS and Gingerbread ROM's. Everything works with them.

There's plenty others like RCMix too.

Excellent cheers, just trying to get touch recovery 4ext installed atm, had it on desire no problem but no go atm on the sensation

*Edit* think its installed now
Last edited by bradmax57; 8th March 2012 at 07:27 PM.
8th March 2012, 08:07 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Another couple of questions.

Do I need to do the SuperCID thing?

Ive rooted, installed 4ext and s-off'd and have also just unlocked my phone so can use any simcard.

Next i keep reading about the superwipe script but I cant seem to find it can someone possibly link me to that?

Thanks again

also think im going to try Darkforest 6.0.0
8th March 2012, 08:13 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Rock solid
Actually ARHD is not a good example for a "fully working" camera. ARHD with GB uses Faux's Kernel as default that actually has a bug with the camera (freezes the phone if you power off the phone with the camera on). If you want no problems, rock solid performance with your phone, I do recommend a ROM with an official HTC RUU as base (Build 1.73 being the latest official GB), working with a stock Kernel. From which dev, that's up to you....
Personally I do not use ICS yet as it doesn't support all the features I'm using with GB.
8th March 2012, 08:17 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papete

Actually ARHD is not a good example for a "fully working" camera. ARHD with GB uses Faux's Kernel as default that actually has a bug with the camera (freezes the phone if you power off the phone with the camera on). If you want no problems, rock solid performance with your phone, I do recommend a ROM with an official HTC RUU as base (Build 1.73 being the latest official GB), working with a stock Kernel. From which dev, that's up to you....
Personally I do not use ICS yet as it doesn't support all the features I'm using with GB.

Ok thanks for that, will have a look at some GB ones, which do you recommend? Also do I need to do the SuperCID procedure?
8th March 2012, 08:19 PM |#7  
rickyiswhite's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marshallton
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
If you want stock aosp use Virtuous Inquisition...

If you want sense use Insertcoin
Im currentley running insertcoin and its so smooth

Sent from my insertcoined Sensation 4G with Beats Audio
The Following User Says Thank You to rickyiswhite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 08:31 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyiswhite

If you want stock aosp use Virtuous Inquisition...

If you want sense use Insertcoin
Im currentley running insertcoin and its so smooth

Sent from my insertcoined Sensation 4G with Beats Audio

Used insercoin roms on my desire until he defected I mean his phone broke

Could give that a go too, just going to do the supercid thing anyway
8th March 2012, 10:22 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 37
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmax57

Another couple of questions.

Do I need to do the SuperCID thing?

Ive rooted, installed 4ext and s-off'd and have also just unlocked my phone so can use any simcard.

Next i keep reading about the superwipe script but I cant seem to find it can someone possibly link me to that?

Thanks again

also think im going to try Darkforest 6.0.0

If you haven't already found it, superwipe download is near the bottom of OP of this thread.

I've been using it since day one with no problems.

If you're thinking of going with DarkForest I can highly recommend it, it's what I've been on for a while

SuperCID, read this thread. If you don't SuperCID you just have to make sure any firmware etc you use is specific to your CID (maybe check out this thread), with SuperCID anything for the Sensation will work for you
9th March 2012, 02:37 AM |#10  
zanganno's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Android Revolution HD should be your choice, was my choice few months ago and I don't regret. mike will upgrade to 6.5.1 tonight, if you still has not changed your rom this is the moment to do it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes