Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KANG][16.07.2012] CyanogenMod 9 Milestone XT720 RC

Tip us?

opiswahn
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Does WiFi Tethering work with this Rom??
HTC One S:
Still sock...
Milestone xt720:
[ROM][KANG] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720
HP Touchpad 32:
Stock with UberKernel@1.5GHz

telnet777
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Hi,fjfalcon,

Thanks for your help! Thanks Mioze7Ae too!

I've build this rom successfully. (gcc and g++ version is to high to build this rom, I use gcc 4.4 and g++ 4.4 now.)The rom's name is CyanogenMod-9.0.0-RC0-sholest-UNOFFICIAL-20120405-signed.zip.

Have you renamed this rom replacing "UNOFFICIAL" with "KANG"?

After "repo sync", I use "repo start XT711 --all" to start a new branch. Can I keep update with your rom by using "repo sync" now? If I edited some files, will "repo sync" overwrite the file that I edited?
The Following User Says Thank You to telnet777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peshovec
Old
Thanks Meter 342
http://source.android.com/source/version-control.html

not 100% sure, but repo sync should/can revert your source tree to the upstream one...

just test (it is safe, as you have strarted your own branches, hope you have commit your changes through...)

then say for example you have made changes to device/motorola/sholest ...

after repo sync just go there and examine with

git log

if your changes are there.. if not you can
git checkout yourbranch

and

git merge upstream/branch (for example git merge github/ics)
The Following User Says Thank You to peshovec For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mioze7Ae
Old
(Last edited by Mioze7Ae; 5th April 2012 at 05:41 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by telnet777 View Post
After "repo sync", I use "repo start XT711 --all" to start a new branch. Can I keep update with your rom by using "repo sync" now? If I edited some files, will "repo sync" overwrite the file that I edited?
After you've done "repo start XT711 --all" then repo will automatically do a "git rebase" to all your changes after "repo sync". This means that changes you made to the older version are automatically converted into changes made to the current version.

"git rebase" is different from a "git pull" -- git pull fetches and merges changes from upstream to the end of your commits so your commits get mixed in with the changes upstream. "git rebase" instead reorders your changes and rewrites them so that your local commits and modifications are always last. This is what you want 99.9995% of the time and it's great that repo does this automatically. But it only does this if you tell repo that you're working in those directories (that's what repo start does). In fact, you can't even do a git commit to repositories unless you repo start them because they don't have the branches setup (don't set them up yourself using git commands--very bad idea--use repo start).

If you don't do "repo start" repo assumes that changes in those repositories are accidental file corruption that needs to be repaired. *This* is the case where repo will delete your changes.

If you want to go back to no changes, you can do a "repo abandon" (not sure if --all works there or not) and then if you're really paranoid delete all the directories and files *except* for .repo and then run repo sync and you will get a pristine checkout.
Milestone XT720 -- CM6.3.6.2/github -- OpenRecoveryXT720 -- fastboot kernels -- SBF master thread/mirrors -- reverendkjr's video tutorials
SD card/app2ext/Link2SD problems: ORXT720 > "SD Card Utilities" > "Save diagnostics" and post /sdcard/sdcard-info.txt
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mioze7Ae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mchlbenner
Old
(Last edited by mchlbenner; 6th April 2012 at 01:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 491
try this cm9 bootanimation is great
Link fixed
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.99 MB, 17 views)

lwxddlqkillapp
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchlbenner View Post
try this cm9 bootanimation is great
I cant download ? the file only 500B?

telnet777
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwxddlqkillapp View Post
I can't download too. There is a error "404 Page Not Found".

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peshovec View Post
http://source.android.com/source/version-control.html

not 100% sure, but repo sync should/can revert your source tree to the upstream one...

just test (it is safe, as you have strarted your own branches, hope you have commit your changes through...)

then say for example you have made changes to device/motorola/sholest ...

after repo sync just go there and examine with

git log

if your changes are there.. if not you can
git checkout yourbranch

and

git merge upstream/branch (for example git merge github/ics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mioze7Ae View Post
After you've done "repo start XT711 --all" then repo will automatically do a "git rebase" to all your changes after "repo sync". This means that changes you made to the older version are automatically converted into changes made to the current version.

"git rebase" is different from a "git pull" -- git pull fetches and merges changes from upstream to the end of your commits so your commits get mixed in with the changes upstream. "git rebase" instead reorders your changes and rewrites them so that your local commits and modifications are always last. This is what you want 99.9995% of the time and it's great that repo does this automatically. But it only does this if you tell repo that you're working in those directories (that's what repo start does). In fact, you can't even do a git commit to repositories unless you repo start them because they don't have the branches setup (don't set them up yourself using git commands--very bad idea--use repo start).

If you don't do "repo start" repo assumes that changes in those repositories are accidental file corruption that needs to be repaired. *This* is the case where repo will delete your changes.

If you want to go back to no changes, you can do a "repo abandon" (not sure if --all works there or not) and then if you're really paranoid delete all the directories and files *except* for .repo and then run repo sync and you will get a pristine checkout.

Thank you for your reply. I can't understand all of these at the moment. But I'll make it clear later.

lwxddlqkillapp
Old
Thanks Meter 44
please help me! thanks !
Attached Files
File Type: txt 720.log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (64.2 KB, 7 views)

mchlbenner
Old
(Last edited by mchlbenner; 6th April 2012 at 12:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwxddlqkillapp View Post
Ok don't know it did it I will redo it.
Link fixed.

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium

lwxddlqkillapp
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchlbenner View Post