5,598,779 Members 34,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unofficial by Official ASUS Thread - Product Updates

Tip us?

demandarin
Old
(Last edited by demandarin; 28th March 2012 at 06:43 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime_veyron View Post
junrider, demandarin Google Translate RUUULLLEZ ))))))))))
I know right..lol

seems like only thing added from last .19 changelog we saw is the face unlock and wifi direct.

I wish they would add the bug fixes also to changelog. their changelog only shows features. must be too many bug fixes to list...lmfao

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

dime_veyron
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin View Post
I know right..lol

seems like only thing added from last .19 changelog we saw is the face unlock and wifi direct.

I wish they would add the bug fixes also to changelog. their changelog only shows features. I think the .19 one showed a couple bug fixes or something.
and .20 too
HTC Desire HD - waiting for ICS
ASUS TF-201+Dock

Yod-b
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Big news on the horizon for users of Transformer Prime! And 'in fact an update coming very full-bodied, with version number 9.4.2.21. Here's what changed: first, it will be possible to control notifications (unread mails, etc ...) directly from the screen lock.
Some apps will change the system default name: the Market will Play Store, Books become Play Books, Music and Video will become Play Music Play Music.
There will be an update from ASUS Vibe from version 1.0 to version 2.0 (and consequently also an update of the app and myCloud MyLibrary). The new version of the Vibe will propose an improved interface and more content.
We will support the connection of Prime LAN cable, using the Ethernet to USB converter UX Series (sold separately as an accessory). Function that we implemented in response to demands made on Facebook.
With the new release there will be a new mechanism to update the camera firmware: will no longer need to be updated separately, but will be updated directly with the image of the operating system.
Important news will be the long awaited support for Ad-hoc networks required (rightly) a loud voice to all of you after the move to ICS. And then you say that ASUS does not think
Finally we added the ability to display the HDMI output to TV viewing in choosing between portrait and landscape, each with an option to scale the video to full screen or cropparlo.
Among the upcoming features in the implementation of which we are working there are the Face Direct Unlock and WiFi.
That said: timing of update? Short, very short indeed. The release of the update on the devices should be Italian (except for last-minute problems) already this Thursday (March 29)!
At the same time we are working at full capacity to release another update that stabilizes the problems encountered by some of you on the TF101. And of course the update - long awaited - ICS for TF101G. Stay tuned

The staff at ASUS Italy

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

damn, you beat me to it..lmao
Then it's one day before the US release, and yay! Can't wait for the new library. (Even if it's lame or at least not so geeky :D)
HTC One X staying stock and an Asus Transformer Prime with the perfect AndroWook 1.4. I'm as bad as a fanboi...

dime_veyron
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Tomorrow I'll have two good events - my birthday and out of the new firmware
cheers!
HTC Desire HD - waiting for ICS
ASUS TF-201+Dock

demandarin
Old
(Last edited by demandarin; 28th March 2012 at 07:00 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yod-b View Post
Then it's one day before the US release, and yay! Can't wait for the new library. (Even if it's lame or at least not so geeky :D)
I'm excited about wifi direct. I posted very detail description of what it was a page or 2 back. plus they said only one device needs to have wifi direct. all other devices only need regular wifi capabilities in order for the different things it can do to work.

edit: wifi direct detailed description and video on page 58 of this thread.

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Ride525
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride525
Gary did say there was "exciting news" coming. I'd be willing to bet it will be exciting. As demandarin suggests, some may find it exciting, some may not. Others may be amazed. Others may be surprised.

Originally Posted by demandarin
great way to put it.
Thought you might enjoy that...

Yod-b
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
I'm excited about wifi direct. I posted very detail description of what it was a page or 2 back. plus they said only one device needs to have wifi direct. all other devices only need regular wifi capabilities in order for the different things it can do to work.

edit: wifi direct detailed description and video on page 58 of this thread.
You know what would totally blow me away? The final release of Chrome slipped into the rom...

If Asus and Google is so much in hand in hand as it seems, it's not even impossible :D

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
HTC One X staying stock and an Asus Transformer Prime with the perfect AndroWook 1.4. I'm as bad as a fanboi...

Moist
Old
Thanks Meter 28
It's slightly frustrating to see that Gary comes online ONCE during the day(usually in the morning) and then doesn't return. Especially since he has a lot of messages piled up. I know he's doing a great job and us a bit of a favour, but for R6500 and this thing doesn't work correctly, that's what I would expect...

Yod-b
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moist View Post
It's slightly frustrating to see that Gary comes online ONCE during the day(usually in the morning) and then doesn't return. Especially since he has a lot of messages piled up. I know he's doing a great job and us a bit of a favour, but for R6500 and this thing doesn't work correctly, that's what I would expect...
Instead, I think it's kinda cool that an official came to XDA, and also using this community to test out beta roms as it was with .15 (These sort of experimental stuff is the purpose of this forum, innit?) Probably he has tons of other things to do during the day, but he still puts an effort to do this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't really see this sort of stuff before...

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yod-b View Post
Instead, I think it's kinda cool that an official came to XDA, and also using this community to test out beta roms as it was with .15 (These sort of experimental stuff is the purpose of this forum, innit?) Probably he has tons of other things to do during the day, but he still puts an effort to do this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't really see this sort of stuff before...
Its true. No other tablet or even phone company has ever had this kind of close involvement with its users in the forums.

On another note, thinking about it, Gary says new firmware update will release "BY" the 30th. For north America. So technically it could arrive anytime now through Friday.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe