Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KIES on MacOS X Lion works fine natively

Tip us?

bcn_nospam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default KIES on MacOS X Lion works fine natively

Hi all,

I read many posts all over the web about workarounds to make KIES work on MacOS X Lion, or having to run the Windows version under Parallel, but it just works fine natively.

Went to samsung.com, and got redirected to samsung.com/es (I live in Spain). Then in the search bar I asked for KIES, clicked on the KIES icon that came back as an answer, and was prompted to download the Windows or Mac version.

Downloaded the Mac version (KiesMac_1-1.2.0.12012_6_9.dmg), installed it with all default settings, ran it, it went through a first update, then restarted the application and it went through another update. Restarted and it is now KIES version 1.3.0.12023_9.

I connected my Note to a USB port and it recognized it fine... including telling me firmware version of my note etc.

Anyways maybe this is already known to all Mac users... or maybe it helps!?

Cheers.

ashn2k
Old
Thanks Meter 0
KIES works fine but Mac OS can't recognize SS Note as an USB storage yet

William Haven
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Yes it can, if u activate the usb storage option in settings.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

omaga
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I downloaded the mac Kies (long time ago) to my iMac and both SGSII and Note works ok,
Nexus 4

ralphrmartin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Doesn't work for me. Just sits there saying "Connect a Device" even after I have connected my Note. No such problem with the same Mac / Cable / USB Port / Note settings using Parallels and Kies under Windows. YMMV.

gominolo2002
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
I'm user if Mac too... Try to use kies to update my note, is a big sh**... My lion can't recognized my phone, use kies air.... Now I have root my device, no needed kies to update my roms

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk
Do you like change your icons, logos, post images, boot animations... in your ROM? Contact to me!

LiquidNitrogen
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I use VMWare Fusion to run a virtual machine of Windows 7 within OSX. It makes dealing with the phone a lot easier, because switching back and forth between OSX and 7 is as easy as literally making a trackpad gesture. I haven't gotten around to installing Kies on the windows side but the phone acts amazingly as a USB storage device on windows so I have yet to really need to.

I never trusted OSX to get along with Android in the first place, so I would be surprised if it DID work fine rather than if it didn't, when it comes to using an Android phone with OSX.