Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 39,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is there a flashable zip with SENSE 4.0?

Tip us?

invensmaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] is there a flashable zip with SENSE 4.0?

Dear friends
I have been wondering if i can flash (sense 4.0) on the Ice Cream Sandwich build 3.32.401.5 for HTC Sensation? It has sense 3.6 i have googled and searched every were for an article that deals with that with no luck. I might be wrong or may be i was not using the right search words though as far as understand i did my homework before i use my last hope which is asking the experts thanks

DrAgKurt
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by invensmaster View Post
Dear friends
I have been wondering if i can flash (sense 4.0) on the Ice Cream Sandwich build 3.32.401.5 for HTC Sensation? It has sense 3.6 i have googled and searched every were for an article that deals with that with no luck. I might be wrong or may be i was not using the right search words though as far as understand i did my homework before i use my last hope which is asking the experts thanks
I think we don't have the sense 4.0 ready yet. I'm pretty sure, it'll be posted on XDA as soon as it's released.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrAgKurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marseillesw
Old
Thanks Meter 325
There's 2 sense 4.0roms in the dev thread and they both work fine with the 3.32 firmware

Sent from my HTC ENR_U using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to marseillesw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

invensmaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes i have seen the roms with the sense 4.0. but i want to flash the stock which has sense 3.6. my question is can i have the stock and then ontop of it flash sense 4.0? there is some roms which is sensles they took sense out of it so i wanted to do the other way around which is have a stock rom but with sense 4.0

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,014
You are such a n00b!!!

To answer your question, no there are no flashable ZIPs with Sense 4.0 - if it was THAT easy do you not think everyone would have done it by now?
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

aidanski
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
You are such a n00b!!!

To answer your question, no there are no flashable ZIPs with Sense 4.0 - if it was THAT easy do you not think everyone would have done it by now?
It's just an inquiry; there is no benefit from flaming someone because of a question which they've (prior to posting on XDA) not found when searching.

I don't see any reason why Sense couldn't be flashed via recovery, providing they extract it from one of the existing Sense 4.0 ROMs. Surely it would just require the pre-existing sense to be overwritten.
The Following User Says Thank You to aidanski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

invensmaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well there is nothing wrong beeing a noob also not every one was born qualified people gain experiance by asking questions especialy when its post in the correct section

k0zmic
Old
Thanks Meter 235

DONATE TO ME
While Eddy sounded a tad harsh I do think he was joking due to the excessive exclamation marks and .

DrAgKurt
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by marseillesw View Post
There's 2 sense 4.0roms in the dev thread and they both work fine with the 3.32 firmware

Sent from my HTC ENR_U using xda premium
can you provide me the link please? thanks!

ben_pyett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,895
Look in the development section

Swyped from my Desire S using XDA Premium
Nexus 5 : hammerhead
Rom (Kernel): Mahdi-Rom 4.4.4 [v2.7 21/08/2014 (ART)] (Franco [#r61]) root: [superSU v2.02] TWRP
Retired - Nexus 4 (standby phone), HTC Desire S, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Dual Touch, HTC TyTN, Innumerable NOKIAs