!!! SuperSU requires a rooted device !!!
SuperSU allows for advanced management of Superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root. SuperSU has been built from the ground up to counter a number of problems with other Superuser access management tools.
- Superuser access prompt
- Superuser access logging
- Superuser access notifications
- Per-app notification configuration
- Temporary unroot
- Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
- Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
- Works when Android isn't properly booted
- Works with non-standard shell locations
- Always runs in ghost mode
- Wake on prompt
- Convert to /system app
- Complete unroot
- Backup script to survive CyanogenMod nightlies
- Icon selectable from 5 options + invisible
- Theme selectable from 4 options
- Launch from dialer: *#*#1234#*#* or *#*#7873778#*#* (*#*#SUPERSU#*#*)
NOTE: Not all phones take both codes. On some phones you need to use single *# instead of double *#*#
The Pro version additionally offers:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- Grant/deny root to an app for a set amount of time
- PIN protection
- Per-app PIN protection
- Adjust auto-deny countdown
For extra performance, disable notifications. Logging does not impact performance much.
Yes, you are allowed to embed the (free, non-Pro) SuperSU apk and su binaries in your own custom ROMs ! As is standard (and done by the attached ZIP), normal is to use /system/app/Superuser.apk for the apk and /system/xbin/su for the binary.
Want to help translate ?
See SuperSU project on GetLocalization ! http://www.getlocalization.com/supersu/
SuperSU on Google Play (free)
SuperSU *Pro* on Google Play (Pro/donate addon, requires free version)
CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
Note that if you are already rooted, installing through Play is by far the easiest way to install SuperSU !
Issues installing / updating binaries ?
There's a thread for that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...lures-t2907365
Want to learn how to use "su" correctly from your own apps ? How-To SU !
Feel free to include the (free version, unmodified) SuperSU APK in your ROMs. You do not need to ask me for permission to include it.
It would be nice if you would include minor advertisement in your ROM description, such as "Powered by SuperSU", or "Please support SuperSU". This is not a requirement, merely a request.