Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,592 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] My phone fell in water

Tip us?

louayd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Help] My phone fell in water

Hello all, yesterday I dropped my phone in the toilet and now the three buttons(options, home, back) aren't working anymore is there anyway of fixing it or is it over? thnx

scubadude
Old
(Last edited by scubadude; 9th March 2012 at 10:16 AM.) Reason: spelling error
Thanks Meter 128
Someone mentioned covering it in a bowl of uncooked rice for several hours. this will help to dry out the phone although dropping it in the toilet may be the end of it...

SeeZaar
Old
Thanks Meter 36
separated the phone and put it in a warm place to dry, let stand at least two days... press thanks button if I helped...

beardedwonder
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Take the phone apart as much as possible and leave it in a bowl of uncooked rice for 2-3 days.

You should do this pretty much immediately and under no circumstances should you turn it on!

Using a vacuum cleaner to get as much water out as possible before putting it in rice is also a food idea.

NB. Getting the phone too hot could cause the water to turn into vapour and get deposited on other internal parts of your phone.

Lacoste_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Dont do anything yourself. Just remove battery and cards and go to service ASAP. Even if you think its dry after day or two, few monts later you will have problems! Listen to me!

Xevez
Old
Thanks Meter 400
You can try this :

teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Galaxy S - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1363593

+

Virtual Buttons For Teamhacksung's ICS - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1435227

you can try this
Check this out :

------------------------
PHONE : I9000 Samsung Galaxy S (white)
PHONE : I9023 Samsung Google Nexus S (black)
PHONE : I9250 Samsung Galaxy Nexus (white)

wagny1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Next time when you dropped any electronic device into the water Do not turn on,
1.-Remove the battery immediately
2.-Remove micro sd card and sim card
3.-Try to remove the spills of water from the device with any blower machine (if its possible open it gonna be better)
4.-Leave it at least for 3 days (for a better result) inside of amount of dry rice (not cooked)
Good luck