Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[Q] [Help] My phone fell in water

9th March 2012, 09:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hello all, yesterday I dropped my phone in the toilet and now the three buttons(options, home, back) aren't working anymore is there anyway of fixing it or is it over? thnx
9th March 2012, 10:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 128

409 posts
More
Someone mentioned covering it in a bowl of uncooked rice for several hours. this will help to dry out the phone although dropping it in the toilet may be the end of it...
Last edited by scubadude; 9th March 2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling error
9th March 2012, 01:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 36

167 posts
Thumbs up
separated the phone and put it in a warm place to dry, let stand at least two days... press thanks button if I helped...
9th March 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 90

363 posts
Take the phone apart as much as possible and leave it in a bowl of uncooked rice for 2-3 days.

You should do this pretty much immediately and under no circumstances should you turn it on!

Using a vacuum cleaner to get as much water out as possible before putting it in rice is also a food idea.

NB. Getting the phone too hot could cause the water to turn into vapour and get deposited on other internal parts of your phone.
9th March 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag Stara Zagora

6 posts
More
Dont do anything yourself. Just remove battery and cards and go to service ASAP. Even if you think its dry after day or two, few monts later you will have problems! Listen to me!
9th March 2012, 08:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 400

264 posts
You can try this :

teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Galaxy S - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1363593

+

Virtual Buttons For Teamhacksung's ICS - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1435227

you can try this
9th March 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Lima, Perú

13 posts
Next time when you dropped any electronic device into the water Do not turn on,
1.-Remove the battery immediately
2.-Remove micro sd card and sim card
3.-Try to remove the spills of water from the device with any blower machine (if its possible open it gonna be better)
4.-Leave it at least for 3 days (for a better result) inside of amount of dry rice (not cooked)
Good luck

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread