Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,398 Members 39,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

trying to install rom, getting stuck at splash screen

Tip us?

snakebyt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default trying to install rom, getting stuck at splash screen

i finally broke down and rooted my Tbolt. I installed Rom manager and am trying to install a new rom. I have tried cyanogenmod 7.1.1 and also Liquid smooth 3.2 . the process seemed to go fine, but each time it got stuck at the splash screen,not the white HTC one, but the "intro" screen for the rom i am installing, i let it run for several minutes, finally removed battery and restored my backup.

anything i am doing wrong?

here is some more info on the phone,
Downgraded to 2.3.4 , rooted with revolutionary root, running the most current free version of Rom manager free from market

any help would be appreciated

DroidGiant27
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default First thought

Have you wiped the data of the phone before you tried to install the ROM? I am now expert here but I had a similar problem and when I searched forums for the answer that came up quite a bit. I might start there.

Also the ROMs have very specific install instructions and I would follow them closely to avoid any problems.

I searched and read so much before I rooted and installed my first ROM, it does get easier.

Good luck.

smtom
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Update your CWM version in ROM manager.
It should be the top choice when you open ROM Manager - update Clockwork Recovery.

Make sure you have ample space on a FAT32 formatted SD card, as well a the minimum radio(s) required for CM.

Prior to flash, in recovery, make sure you wipe data/factory reset and clear cache - also go into advanced and format system.

Post back your results and we'll go from there.
LG G2 - Malladus 1.2.2
Nexus 7 (2012) ~ Prime
Galaxy Nexus ~ Retired
Thunderbolt - ~ Retired | OG Incredible ~ Retired
46" Sony Google TV ~ Honeycomb | Kindle Fire ~ Rooted