Ask a question

No registration required

trying to install rom, getting stuck at splash screen

OP snakebyt

9th March 2012, 02:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

63 posts
i finally broke down and rooted my Tbolt. I installed Rom manager and am trying to install a new rom. I have tried cyanogenmod 7.1.1 and also Liquid smooth 3.2 . the process seemed to go fine, but each time it got stuck at the splash screen,not the white HTC one, but the "intro" screen for the rom i am installing, i let it run for several minutes, finally removed battery and restored my backup.

anything i am doing wrong?

here is some more info on the phone,
Downgraded to 2.3.4 , rooted with revolutionary root, running the most current free version of Rom manager free from market

any help would be appreciated
9th March 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Annandale,VA
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
First thought
Have you wiped the data of the phone before you tried to install the ROM? I am now expert here but I had a similar problem and when I searched forums for the answer that came up quite a bit. I might start there.

Also the ROMs have very specific install instructions and I would follow them closely to avoid any problems.

I searched and read so much before I rooted and installed my first ROM, it does get easier.

Good luck.
9th March 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 53

846 posts
Update your CWM version in ROM manager.
It should be the top choice when you open ROM Manager - update Clockwork Recovery.

Make sure you have ample space on a FAT32 formatted SD card, as well a the minimum radio(s) required for CM.

Prior to flash, in recovery, make sure you wipe data/factory reset and clear cache - also go into advanced and format system.

Post back your results and we'll go from there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread