Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sick Nook (won't charge up)

OP pepi4

9th March 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

137 posts
My battery went totally dead last night. I plugged the Nook in to recharge it and now all it does is try to startup and then it shuts down. Just a continuous loop. I will see the U and then it shuts off. I've tried holding button/s, pulled SDcard, nothing works. I'm on CM7 and I've tried both the wall wart and PC with the same results.
9th March 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

137 posts
Held down the power button for around 4 mins and it finally shutdown and now it's charging
9th March 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 113

490 posts
Leave it alone for at least twenty minutes or so. It should eventually start up. I had this happen once.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
9th March 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag The land of no-iPhones
Thanks Meter: 1,147

1,106 posts
More
Also don't try to boot into clockworkmod when charging from a PC it doesn't work at least in my experiences.

Sent from my Cyanogenmod 9 Alpha 0 Nook Tablet
7th April 2013, 01:18 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi4

Held down the power button for around 4 mins and it finally shutdown and now it's charging

Held it down for 8 minutes and in my case it did not help...

Other constructive ideas anyone?

Tnx in advance.

---------------
UPDATE: problem solved. In order to solve it, I had to disassemble the tablet and unplug the screen cord, then I put the power cable in, battery charged up for about an hour or so, then I plugged screen cord back in and turned it on without a problem. The down side of early charge attempts is that tablet decided that I had 10 failed boots and it reset my previously rooted device. Now I have fresh and clean stock 1.4.2 version.
Last edited by PepeladZ; 7th April 2013 at 04:00 AM.
7th April 2013, 02:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag Carmel
Thanks Meter: 7

47 posts
Have you been charging it with chargers other than the one that came w/ the Nook? If so, you might have a broken battery. You might need to get it replaced.
7th April 2013, 05:59 PM   |  #7  
Flag Fremont, OH
Thanks Meter: 94

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
The only problem with it is the battery is so dead it can't boot, but every time the nook is plugged in it attempts to boot because it isn't recommended to charge while off.

Leave it be for a while and it will charge. Just because it doesn't say anything about charging doesn't make it dead completely. Once it gets to 5 or 10% battery it will start up fine.

If you're impatient and want it to charge now then once it begins to boot immediately hold down the power button. It will stop it from doing the boot loop while charging.
7th April 2013, 11:47 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alevineman

Have you been charging it with chargers other than the one that came w/ the Nook? If so, you might have a broken battery. You might need to get it replaced.

alevineman, if you are asking me about chargers, then yes, I have stock charger that came with nook. I solved my problem by unplugging screen cord - has to disassemble the nook It charged the rest of capacity without problems and now works fine. It seems like B&N forgot to implement protection against booting without sufficient charge level. Even my 3 year old phone palm treo has this protection.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy

If you're impatient and want it to charge now then once it begins to boot immediately hold down the power button. It will stop it from doing the boot loop while charging.

The thing is that holding down power button did not stop nook from trying to boot every 7-10 seconds. Screen lights up and because there is not enough power boot cycle fails. It seems like B&N either flashed too low requirements for power needed to boot or the power guard is not working as it should.
Last edited by PepeladZ; 8th April 2013 at 12:43 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread