Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 48,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lack indoor sprint coverage? *read this*

Tip us?

monke30butt
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I have had one for a long while. Mine causes more trouble than it's worth to me. I just leave it unplugged now. These units are EXTREMELY sensitive when it comes to the internet connection. Anything less than prefect QOS score causes big problems with this unit. Which is funny because my Vonage phone has no problems at all & plugged into the same router & parked right next to the Airave. Just for reference I have a 10MB/s download internet service with a transceiver on my roof as there is no dsl or cable in my area (I live in the sticks), but I am very close to the tower in town (within 2 miles I think). Speeds are good & VOIP Qos scores are good most of the time as reflected by the Vonage working fine, but for some reason the Airave refuses to work right 85% of the time (so it stays unplugged).
Device: Sprint Galaxy S3
Current ROM: MK3 All In One
Kernel: Stock

Sadly Supercharged Epic 4G
has been retired......RIP

socos25
Old
Thanks Meter 394
Whoops, wrong thread.

virgillette
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I just called and was declined due to having DSL. The documentation specifies it works with DSL. She said I could call back if I get cable internet.

XxLostSoulxX
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgillette View Post
I just called and was declined due to having DSL. The documentation specifies it works with DSL. She said I could call back if I get cable internet.
call back and show her proof what dumb a$$ B*tch lol
RIP Tori Dean Crawford 2/26/93 - 06/04/12 Great Friend Who Will Forever Be Missed

Samsung Epic 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 7.2 @ 1.8 GHz
Cyanogen Mod 10 @ 1.0 GHz
Samsung Nexus S 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 10 ~ Matr1x @ 1.0GHz
AOKP MS 6 ~ Air @ 1.47GHz
Samsung Galaxy N2:
Stock @ 1.9GHz
LG Nexus 4:
Stock @ 1.83GHz
Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
Stock @ 3.0GHz

jsheahawk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've had mine for about a year. Make sure you bitch and moan and talk to supervisors about the fact that they want to charge you for the device and $5 a month for usage. Mine is completely free. Anything like, "Well, my friend with [some other carrier] gets great reception in my house," seems to do wonders.

sleebus.jones
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Just got mine. We'll see how it goes. My only charge is for the tax on the line that it adds, about $2.50/mo. If it works, i'll gladly pay that.

xjayman
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Mine worked flawless on DSL

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

virgillette
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I was going to call back and tell them I switched to cable, but some of the reviews said it wasn't that great (they keep theirs turned off).

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

xjayman
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
I was going to call back and tell them I switched to cable, but some of the reviews said it wasn't that great (they keep theirs turned off).

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
I dont know what others situations are but before I had mine I couldn't make calls or use data in my house . Now always have full signal bars and data is faster at my home than anywhere else. Mine is tucked away with the router and a never have to touch it. I have cable now but previously worked perfectly on dsl . Big difference on my laptop between cable and dsl, phone performer the same. In a nutshell my phone works a+ in my airwave environment .

iSaint
Old
Thanks Meter 1304
I called and told them i wanted to cancel after 2 mins i got off the phone with free airave no monthly fees or anything also the line is eligible for an upgrade already on the sprint website xD and it hasn't even gotten here yet

⇝⇞Vacant⇞⇜